Sunday, July 27, 2014

Trip home Part 2

Our second week in Ohio has also gone by very quickly. We are excited for Dave to come in a few days but it makes me sad because I know our trip is coming to an end and I am NOT ready to leave. 
We have had better weather (some days) and were able to do a lot of fun things. Quinn and Nolan love the pool. Quinn fell onto the pool cover from the steps.. TWICE.. luckily we were right there and were able to grab her. She kept saying that she fell into the ocean and that she was scared. 
I was able to get breakfast with my friends Lauren and Josh and their little guy, Eli. It was fun to catch up with them. I went back to Children's to get lunch with my Liberty crew and was also able to see Dana and Liz and we got to swim and catch up. I love being able to see old friends. It just feels good to get together and feel like you have never been apart. I have been very lucky in my life and have made lasting friendships along the way. Being home is good for my soul! 


Grandma and all her grandbabes. They are keeping her busy. Nolan also riding the dog, I am sure he is getting yelled at in this picture. 


Leo has started getting up onto his hands and knees and rocking back and forth. I think he is going to be crawling before we know it. He loves the pool (which I thought he would because he loves bath time) and kicks his feet the whole time he is in the water. 

Quinn loves her mamaw and she loves swimming. I need to get her back into swim lessons when we get home. She is happy in the water. 



Last weekend we went to my aunt and uncles house and did an outdoor movie night with cousins. We were able to watch Cars 2 (after a little time figuring out how to get the DVD player to work), ate hotdogs and smores on the fire and had a lot of fun. The sunset was beautiful and the kids loved it. They have an amazing backyard and we love when we get to go to their house and hang out. 

Dr. Quinn checking everybody's temperature (her curls in Ohio are out of control). Her new thing is if she gets hurt she will cry and say she needs to go to the doctor, get a shot, cut off the injured body part or needs a bandaid. She is quite the drama queen. She is having so much fun playing with Nolan and they are a riot to watch (and sometimes a lot of work... mothers with twins I have NO clue how you do it!).
Leo and his papaw and Nolan's basket of cars that he always carries around. I will keep posting about our trip this week. 

Friends are good, Life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment