Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Feeding the Ducks

Yesterday we went to the park after dinner to feed the ducks. I have had old bread in the pantry for a week now and Quinn always asks what it is for. I tell her we are going to go feed the ducks and we just had not made it yet. We decided to go last night and she loved it. I was getting things ready to leave and I walk in to find Leo covered up! Quinn had given him his red ball, dragon, a blanket and both bags of bread. I was cracking up when I found him like this.


We went at 8pm and it was still so hot. The weather here has been pretty miserable. I have decided I do not like summer or hot weather. I kept telling Dave I need our next base to be somewhere that does not have winter but I am changing my mind. I don't like it being so hot outside and especially when we don't have a pool. I have gotten spoiled with my parents pool that is for sure. 
Leo just hung out while we fed the ducks. He wants to put everything in his mouth. 


The ducks almost attacked us as soon as we got out of the car. I swear they saw our bread bags and they knew. We just kept walking past those crazy birds straight to the bridge. I thought it was a safer place to feed them without getting attacked and scarring Quinn for life. 




She kept saying the baby ducks were cute or as she says "awwww how cute!" 


Her lack of interest in taking pictures drives me crazy some times. I still make her be in pictures so I can document this time in her life, what a little sinker! 
We had a great time feeding the ducks and walking at the park and finished the evening with snow cones on the back porch swing. 


Tonight we went out for dinner and the views out the window were great. When we leave Utah, one of the things I am really going to miss are the mountains. They are a beautiful backdrop. In the winter I love how they are covered in snow and many of the evenings they look purple against the sky. In the summer I love how green they are. It is something I really enjoy and that you do not get in the Midwest. 



Summer is good, life is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment