Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Trip home Part 1

The kids and I headed to Ohio last Tuesday. I can't believe it has already been a week, I still have 2 weeks here but I am already getting sad about leaving. We love coming home and have so much fun seeing family and friends. 
Leo and Quinn were great on our flight. I always get very nervous before we fly but having them to keep me busy helps the flight go very fast. Leo was more difficult than Q this time. Dave loaded Nemo on her ipad and she was set. She watched Finding Nemo (1.5 times) and then took a nap. Leo was very busy the whole flight and wanted to jump up and down. 
When we landed, Q was smiling ear to ear and yelling "We're home, we're home!" Then she was looking out the window and asking where "papaw" was. She was so excited to see my mom at the airport. We were spoiled with a singing Minnie Mouse and a bag of Grippos potato chips. 


I was armed with plenty of snacks, a loaded ipad and coloring books to get us through the flight smoothly. 


We were excited to see Elliott and Nolan when we got to my parents house. Elliott is much larger than Leo and we are getting a lot of laughs out of watching them play together. 

Aunt Vic came over to see us on Tuesday, we love seeing her and she is always so fun with the kiddos. 
We have been doing a lot of relaxing and hanging out on my parents awesome patio. The weather the first week was kind of cold so we did not do a lot of swimming. Leo adjusted to the time change pretty quickly but it took Quinn a few days. She is still staying up pretty late but that also means she is sleeping in much later too!! (yay!) 
 We also have had a huge breakthrough..... we are done with the "mimi"!! The first night I told Q that we left it on the airplane and she cried a bit but was so exhausted she went to sleep. She has asked about it only a few times and I tell her we left it on the airplane and she is fine with that. Now hopefully when we fly home she doesn't remember we "left it on the airplane" and want it back!

I remember Q playing with this toy and Leo also loves it. I need to try and find one for him at home. 




 Quinn loves her "papaw" and always asks where he is. When he is napping she will say "shh, don't wake up papaw." She asks him every day if he is going to work to make money and that she likes to put money in her piggy bank. The things that come out of her mouth crack me up.


Getting a picture of Q and Nolan is about impossible because they are always on the move. They run nonstop when they are together. It is cute to watch them play together... and fight sometimes. We are going to try and get a good picture of the four of them before we leave.. wish us luck! 
More of our trip to come later. 

Home is SO GOOD, life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment