Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Sesame Street Live

Last week we went and saw Sesame Street Live put on by the USO. Quinn hasn't really ever watched the show but she does have an Elmo book that she loves. I played some Youtube videos before we went to see if she would be interested and she decided she did want to go see Elmo. She had not napped yet that day and fell asleep on the way to the show so that is never a good thing. We met our friends there and their little girl loves Elmo so she had a blast!
 
Quinn was asleep so Dave carried her inside and she stayed asleep until the show started. They gave out some cute light up toys and Quinn liked that and Leo loved it! He would not take it out of his mouth and when you tried to take it from him he screamed. Leo is always moving. I have mentioned his love for the jumper and he will also jump when you hold him on your lap. That is why he is blurry in the one picture, he is jumping up and down! 

Quinn has recently decided she does not like loud noises. Now that this is coming up all the time I realize it has been going on for a little while. I remember her old daycare teachers telling me she covered her ears when the babies in the class would cry. She does that when Leo cries too. Lately it has also been airplanes, flushing toilets, radio, people talking. I took her to the doctor to make sure she didn't have an ear infection and it looks fine. Then Dave and I realized she can hear very very soft noises (like whispering far away from her or the TV when it is so soft it is basically on mute) so I think she just has really good hearing. Anyway that is important to Sesame Street Live because she was covering her ears and used her escape method ("I need to go poop") to get out of the auditorium. I took that opportunity to get some pictures in the hallway with the photo props. This ended up being a great idea because on the way out it was packed. 
The next morning we made Minnie Mouse pancakes for breakfast and it was a hit. She loves Minnie Mouse and I love how she does the Hot Dog Dance just like Minnie. 
Here Mr. Leo is with his Elmo toy. He LOVES it, he wants to watch it and then he wants to eat it. 
I must say that I love this kids eyebrows. He raises his left eyebrow at times and it makes me crack up. I can't wait to watch his personality come out more and more. 

Elmo is good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment