Monday, July 7, 2014

5 month old Leo

Leo is 5 months old (last week)!! I can NOT believe how fast this is going. With Quinn I felt like it took forever to get this far along and I have no idea with Leo how this happened. He is the cutest little guy ever, I'm serious (or bias?). He had his 4 month check up last week (a little late...) and he weighs 16.7 pounds and I forget how long he is..... I do know that his head is perfect (unlike Quinn's large melon) but he is a little short on the growth curve. 
He has started sleeping through the night almost every night. We did a variation of the Ferber method for 2 days (at nap and bedtime) and by the third day he was good to go. This really happened because I was spent after him and Quinn both refused to nap for several days. 
We lay him down awake and then if he cries, go in and pat his back (he actually LOVES his little bum patted so we actually do more butt patting) but we don't say anything or pick him up. He calms pretty quickly and then we leave. If he cries again we wait about 5-10 minutes and do this again until he falls asleep. It usually only takes 1 or 2 times going in there and he is fine. He will sleep until about 5 or 6 then eat and go back to sleep until around 9. I can not complain about this current routine we have going on. Now, getting his sister to sleep through the night is a whole other story. 
I think Leo's favorite part of the day is in the morning when I take his pajamas off and he is able to grab his toes. He is SO happy when he sees his toes and they quickly go into his mouth. 

He is a great eater and is starting to eat rice cereal. He is grabbing for all of Quinn's food and sometimes she tries to share (yikes!). Leo loves his exersaucer but the jumper is still his favorite. I love the huge smile he gets on his face when he gets into his jumper, he will stay in that thing for at least 30 minutes (sometimes longer) before he wants a change of scenery. 

He absolutely loves Quinn. Anytime she comes around and he can see/hear her, he grins from ear to ear. I can't wait to see how their relationship grows. He also likes to pull her hair and she will tell him "No Weo, I don't like it. It hurts me!" And he just smiles. 
*** Side note: as I am writing this post Leo starts screaming and wouldn't go back to sleep. He is currently hanging out with me as I finish this post typing one-handed. So we are still mastering the sleeping through the night thing.***
Tonight I tried to take his 5 month old pictures while Dave was downstairs and Quinn was helping me. 


He is already trying to escape pictures. 

This is when daddy came in the room and now everybody is much happier. 


Quinn does not like holding Leo at all. Here she is shoving him off and screaming. 

Leo loves to be around Quinn. Sometimes she will play with him and other times she ignores him. I love when she talks to him in a mommy voice, it is the sweetest thing ever. 

We did a little bribe with a purple sucker to get this next set of pictures. I love their faces. 



Sammy has not made the blog in a while so I thought I would get him in. He just got a haircut and is looking nice. The dogs are really driving me crazy lately. I can not go anywhere in the house without them following me. Pretty much all day long I am surrounded by 2 children and 2 dogs and sometimes I just want to be by myself! I appreciate showers by myself (meaning nobody is peaking their little head in or throwing princesses at me) more than I would have ever imagined! 

Today we took Quinn's toddler bed down and now she just has a twin size mattress. She hasn't been sleeping in her toddler bed for a while but it makes me a little sad now that it is taken a part and put away. She is growing so fast and is very happy with her new purple sheets that she picked out today. When we put her to bed she usually lounges in her bed and reads books until she finally falls asleep. 

Dogs are good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment