Monday, July 28, 2014

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

On Sunday the weather was beautiful. It has been unseasonably cool in Ohio this summer which makes swimming a little difficult but it makes lounging in the backyard great. We went to breakfast with some of my mom's side of the family and spent the rest of the afternoon all hanging out on the back porch enjoying each other's company. It really was a great afternoon. The little boys took turns napping and the big kids played and played. 

This next series of pictures cracks me up. I was trying to get their picture together and something made Quinn sad so she decided to pout. Lately she will not look at the camera for pictures unless you tell her to say "spaghetti" and then she is all over it. (Pants are always optional on the Patrick patio). 









Now we are having fun again. 
The kids like to "race" around the backyard. They wait on the edge of the patio until you say "ready, set, go" then they run full speed all around in a big circle (I just want a pinch of their energy!). Quinn will keep saying "more race, more race." 

Leo loves hanging out with his papaw. He also spent a large amount of time hanging out with my uncle Tommy. 
The littles like to steal toys from each other and make the other one cry. It is going to be an absolute madhouse around here next summer when these two are on the move. 

I was able to have a girls night with two of my best friends also. We went to a cute new place and had some yummy food and followed it up with ice cream. We also got to see Liz's new house and spent some time just hanging out. I love how life has taken us in different directions and different places but when we get together it is just like old times. (okay, okay maybe not JUST like old times but you get the idea). I love how easy it is to be myself around them and how the conversations always make me laugh (and how many of the conversations we have I can't imagine having with anybody else...ever!!). They are my favorite and I wish we could do more of these get togethers! 
Sundays are good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment