Monday, October 4, 2010

Fall is here!!!

It is freezing cold in my living room as I write this and I am okay with that! It is definitely fall here, when I got off work today the sun was setting, the leaves are changing and the pumpkins are out!!! I even got out my folder of Halloween/fall activities today at work, so exciting!!! Fall is my most favorite time of the year, I love everything about it.

Nothing is really new here, just keeping busy and trying to get stuff done for the reception.  I am also starting a Thai Chi class next week, should be interesting.We have less than 100 days until Dave comes home!!!!! That is every exciting. He is doing good, we are still getting to talk almost every day since he switched to day shift. I haven't got any new pictures from him to post so I will tell him to send me some.

Some reception updates: I have changed the colors from blue and green to navy blue and silver. Since it is in the middle of the winter (ugh-really only timing that would work for us) I thought I should do something winter related. Guess I can't really do pumpkins and leaves in February?! We are going to do snowflakes and such. I also changed the location to a bigger one. We originally had talked about doing a small reception (less than 100 people) but since my IMMEDIATE family alone is over 60 it doesn't really leave a lot of room to invite friends. I found a cake topper and some napkins I liked and am going to go get them later this week. I will post some pictures of more things as they come along.

This weekend I did the Reggae Run with my friend Liz and her husband, sister, brother in-law and sister in-law. We had a lot of fun. (who knew running could be fun?). We got there a little late (8 minutes after the race started, oops) but still started at the starting line and finished. I ended up running the race with Liz and didn't do too bad considering I haven't ran in 3 weeks and it was all hills. After the race it started to rain a little and then it got really cold. We changed and stayed for the after party-the best part of the race! I will most definitely do it again next year.

On Sunday we did our normal football Sunday get together. This week was at my sister's house. We had enough food to feed a small army and my aunt brought my favorite cheesey potatoes! Charlie was a riot like usual. He knocked out the screen of her window...... I swear you can't take him anywhere! : )




This week coming up is crazy. I have Charlie's last class tomorrow, a staff meeting and Hofbrahaus on Wednesday, my cousin's wedding on Friday, family cookout Saturday, dinner/play with work girls Saturday night and football/relax Sunday. Before I know it next week will be here!!! (and I am okay with that because hopefully before I know it, January will be here!)


Fall is good, Life is good! Have a great week.

No comments:

Post a Comment