Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Week one of Charlie's second class

Today we went to Charlie's first class of his second class (if that makes sense). He was an absolute terror! I have no idea what is into him today but he is being wild. Ever since I got home from work he was going crazy, running around, jumping nonstop. He was so excited in the car the whole way to class he wouldn't even sit down. The second thing we did at class was to walk figure eights around 4 orange cones. The object of the activity is to keep your dog away from the cones (they are supposed to be distractions like cars, other dogs, etc.). Charlie was afraid of them! I was laughing so hard. He wouldn't even walk up to the line of cones to begin the activity. I had to drag him up there and then I had to drag him through the course. He kept running away from them and bouncing all around. The trainers gave me a cone to sit next to him while we watched the next activity we were going to do to condition him to the cone. He wouldn't even sit by it, he was hiding behind me. It was ridiculous. Of course I did push it toward him a few times to get a laugh in.
I don't know if that did him in or what but the rest of the class was a waste. He was jumping, not sitting, rolling over when he was supposed to be staying, etc. He also started limping on his foot that has a sore on it which made me nervous. I will keep an eye on that and maybe call the vet if he keeps doing it.
Some exciting news is that he goes to doggy day care tomorrow for a trial day! I hope he passes!!!! I found a place that is literally 2 minutes from my work. If he makes it in I am going to take him Tuesdays and Wednesdays.
Now for an update on other things.... Dave is the same. His roommate got to go home this week so Dave moved to the "good side" of the room by the TV. He is no longer sleeping under a noisy AC unit. He is supposed to be sending me some pictures of his helicopter ride but is slacking. We are over half way done!!! I can't believe it. I am so so so ready to see him (in person not just via facetime).
We have started to look into stuff for the vacation after the reception. We are going to do 2 weeks in Hawaii and I already can not wait. Has anybody taken a Hawaiian cruise before? We are thinking of doing that then doing a week on Maui. If you have any suggestions let us know.

Last weekend I went to Columbus for the weekend to see my friend Jess and to hang out with my brother some. Here are some pictures from the weekend:




So the last picture here is of my friend Geoff's fireplace. I was sitting at his house watching the OSU game (which was horrible by the way) and looked up and saw this. I started cracking up. It is my pharmacy technician plaque from Kroger. I have no idea how it ended up at his house but apparently it has been up there for about 3 years now. I may be visiting OSU a lot more because my brother is thinking of transferring up there. I am fine with that because it will make him happy and OSU is only about an hour and 15 minutes from our house.

I will end this post with a funny story I thought of as I was driving home from our class tonight. When Dave and I first got Charlie we were driving to my sister's house and had Charlie in the Jeep. Dave had the window down and was letting Charlie hang out, we were going about 35 miles an hour. I said "Dave, he is going to jump out the window." Of course he thought I was wrong. Then about 1 minute later he jumped out the window! Dave caught him by his back legs and pulled him back into the Jeep. I think he said something along the lines of "Is this what Zane was talking about Danielle always being right?" hahaha

Baby Charlie, too cute. 
Well now the 2 hour season finale of Teen Mom is on so I must go. Also there will be no more updates about Thai Chi because I quit! I would rather spend my Monday evenings watching football.

Hope you have a great hump day! Life is good : )

2 comments:

  1. I started Arnie in doggy training classes today! He started in the intermediate class, so we'll see how that goes. LOL There were big dogs trying to eat him today, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay Arnie!!!! Keep me updated on how it goes.

    ReplyDelete