Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Semi trucks, popcorn and dog pee : )

My morning started off on a good note...... Charlie peed all over the floor. I went to bed at around 12:30, exhausted after a busy weekend and an 11.5 hour work day. At around 5 am Charlie jumped on the bed and was trying to push me off the bed and laying on my pillow. I pushed him enough to make him go away. About 5 minutes later I am laying there and started to smell pee, are you kidding me??!!! I looked down and there was a little pee on the floor so I got up and went to the door where he peed some more and took him out.
 So now it is 5:30 and I can't go back to sleep. I start to get ready for work (maybe I will be on time for once, or gasp-early?!) nope......... when I walked in the closet to get dressed I found the mother load of pee, all over my freaking clothes!!! I had a big pile of hoodies that needed to be hung up (yay fall!!!) just laying there and he peed all over it and around it! Best part of this story is that our spot bot is broke because I put some of the pieces in the dishwasher to clean them and one of them shrank so I could not use it. On a positive note-my day only got better! This dog is really preparing be for future endeavours in life.
Tonight we had class and he did great. Next week is our last week and we get tested to see how obedient he is. All of the people there are so impressed with how far along he has come. I don't know if that is a good thing because they also suggested we take the second level of our class after we finish this one. : )

Here he is in my parents swimming pool. We just bought them a new winter cover because he destroyed theirs last year. Well, he has already chewed the new one.... 

This weekend I went to Chicago with my sister to meet up with some of her friends she did her residency with. We had so much fun. On our way there my sister and I were driving on 65 west (or so I thought). There was this crazy semi truck driver in front of us speeding like crazy and literally driving in the shoulder. After a few minutes of this madness we decided to call 911. (I never do anything like this so that should let you know how out of control this guy was driving) I was talking to the operator when he asked me where we were. I told him about 3 times we were on 65 West around mile maker 146 then he finally said, "Mam, 65 goes North or South", crap well I guess 65 North. My sister and I were laughing so hard. He transferred me to the State Highway Patrol where I was asked to give a description of the vehicle including the license plate number. My response, "A tall gray semi truck driving fast in the left lane." I don't think I was any help but I tried. 

Another exciting part of the drive was when our friend Ken (the Australian Garmin man) decided to take us off the interstate and through Gary, Indiana. Nothing like a nice scenic tour of the ghetto at 10pm on a Friday night. 
Since we got there so late we just found a parking space (always an adventure in downtown Chicago with my sister driving and Ken telling us where to go....). After reversing out of a few garages into traffic we found our hotel. I must tell you all this bed bug talk has me nervous to sleep in hotels, the whole time I was laying there I would swear they were eating my legs. 


Saturday we got up and grabbed something to eat. It was cold! I know Chicago is cold (the windy city, I know) but it is still September!!!! Most of Saturday was spent on Michigan Avenue shopping and eating. I got a new purse and bought Dave the world's largest Reece Cups (1 lb.) We also ate at this popcorn place that was really good. The Chicago mix is cheese and carmel. I gave it a try but my sister and I decided we liked just the cheese best and bought that. (It was good hot but even better the next day on the drive home, yum!). 




Saturday evening we went to dinner at a place downtown. My sister's friend has a gluten allergy and there are a lot of things she can't eat. She told the waiter when we sat down that she needed to know what items on the menu were gluten free. Shortly after the manager came over and said, 
"Does somebody here have a gluten allergy?"-manager
"Yes"-Sarah 
"Excellent"-manager 

WTH? We were laughing so hard, did he really just say that? Dinner was great, food was good, company was even better. Here are some pictures: 

"I am sweating and buzzed"-Danielle 





Sunday was spent eating brunch and going to the Willis (previously Sear's) Tower. There are some great views and I am really glad we decided to walk over and see it before we left. My sister and I ended the weekend by walking through the streets of Chicago with a pumpkin Chai Tea-that is good!!! 







Back to a crazy week of life and counting down the days until Dave comes home. We are at day 78!!! 

Also the red's just clinched the National League Central Division!!!!!!! Reds baseball in October is good, LIFE is good!!! : ) 






No comments:

Post a Comment