Sunday, November 30, 2014

Thanksgiving Fun

We had a great time over the Thanksgiving weekend. My sister-in-law Jen, Ryan and his mom Marilyn came to visit us from Denver and I'm so glad they did. Dave made the Turkey and I made all the fixings with help from Marilyn. It was my first time making Thanksgiving dinner so I was nervous that it wouldn't taste good but it ended up tasting great (I thought)! We enjoyed the rest of our day relaxing and playing with the kiddos. 
On Friday we did a little shopping and Quinn got new pink cowgirl boots. In the store when she was trying them on she kept yelling "I'm a cowgirl, Yee-haw!" She loves them. Then we headed to Antelope Island to check out the mountain views. We finished the day with a dinner at Twigs and a trip to Salt Lake to see the Temple Lights. It was a great day and we had a lot of fun. 
On Saturday we did the Santa Run 5K in Ogden. I was very hesitant to do the race since I haven't worked out in forever but I am glad that they pushed me to sign up. The race registration includes a Santa suit! Quinn loved all the Santa's running around and she enjoyed being pushed around to all the milk and cookie stations. 
Dave ran the race and I pushed the kids and when he was finished he came and found me and helped me finish the race. I now get to check off ((Run a Race)) off of my 30 before 30 list! This was a perfect race for it too. It was so much fun! Before the race started we were already talking about what we were going to do next year (i.e. decorate our stroller and find red running tights because the santa pants included in the kit were not the best!). 
Leo did awesome and just hung out in the stroller the whole time, he didn't even make a beep. 
The views for the run were great! I love the mountain views here in Utah, they never get old. 
Who doesn't love a race that has milk and cookie stations! 
 I think at this point of the race, Leo was over it. 

After the race there was a lights parade and the kids loved seeing all the lights and of course Santa Claus. Both kids also love sitting on Dave's shoulders. The whole experience was great and I can't wait to keep this tradition going. 
 

We had a fantastic weekend with family and I am so happy they came to spend the holiday with us. 

Family is good, life is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment