Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween Fun

This year has been my favorite Halloween so far. Quinn loves Halloween and all the decorations. Anytime we saw decorations or pumpkins she would yell "Halloween!" My mom sent a book for Quinn called "A Halloween Scare in Ohio" and Quinn wants to read it every night (still....). In the book are several witches with brooms so Quinn needed a broom. I finally got a broom and thought she was going to be a witch. She also had an Ariel costume so she had 2 choices for dressing up. The day of Halloween we went to Dave's work to do a trick or treating in the Medgroup and Quinn threw a huge fit because she did not want to be a witch or Ariel... instead Minnie Mouse! Luckily she had a dress from my Aunt Vicki so we were on our way to get some candy.


She did great at Dave's work but was a little apprehensive about adults in costume. We practiced saying "trick or treat" and "thank you" on the car ride there (she is the daughter of an SLP...) and she did great! I can't believe how big she is getting. 
Leo was a dinosaur and the cutest dinosaur I have ever seen (Quinn thought he was a dragon....). When he crawled he had a little tail that wagged. 
After Dave got home from work we had a quick dinner and then headed out to trick or treat. We thought Quinn would just want to do our street and then pass out candy but instead we ended up being out almost the whole time. Quinn loved it so much! 



After a few houses she told me to stay at the street with daddy and that she would do this house by herself!?!! (What? She is too big.) Then she learned we only go up to the houses that have the light on. If the house had a light on she said "yes, yes, yes. Let's go here" and if there was no light she said "no, they said no candy." 

Leo rode on Daddy's shoulders the entire time. He was such a good boy. 
Quinn equally loved passing out candy and enjoyed the last 30 minutes of trick or treat giving other kids candy. She said "here come more kids" and would tell them "you have to say trick or treat!" 
Leo is pretty fast and gets into everything. I turned around for one second and next thing I know he has a sucker and a tootsie roll! Quinn was not really happy about sharing her candy with "the dragon." I love how his face changes in these pictures and he enjoys the sucker. 




The next day I found Leo inside the blocks trash can and after I pulled him out I found some left over yogurt melts and candy! 

Halloween was great and now I am looking forward to Thanksgiving and Christmas! We are going to have so much fun with these little people! 

Kids are good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment