Thursday, August 16, 2012

Weekend trip to Zion and Vegas

Last weekend my sister, Zane, Nolan and Zane's parents were flying into Las Vegas for a vacation. We had planned before we moved to meet them there. I had my first day of training this Monday so we could only spend a day with them. It was SO great to see them and made me miss them VERY VERY much.
They were not getting into Vegas until late Saturday night so we decided to stop at Zion National Park on the way down. It was beautiful and we can't wait to go back and stay for a bit. We left a little later then we had planned on Saturday morning (we are never on time or leave when we are supposed to.....) and were only able to hike one trail. This year all the national parks are giving active duty military free passes! We got ours when we were in North Carolina last month and were able to get into the park for free. The outdoor rec center here is awesome. They have so much stuff to rent for cheap, our child carrier in the pictures was only $7.50 for the entire weekend. I think we will use outdoor rec a lot during our time in Utah.












Our hike was very nice. We even met some people from Ohio at the end of the hike. I forgot Quinn's hat and had to buy one from the gift shop... it's a little big but she rocked it.

Vegas was really fun but I don't have any pictures because I left my camera in the car. My sister needs to email me so and then I can upload them on here. We had breakfast and then my sister and I let the boys gamble and we went shopping. We also took the kids to the Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. It was very nice and the kids seemed to like it. We pushed their strollers up to the windows and they would sit and watch the fish. The trip was way too short but it was great to see them and to squeeze my chunky nephew! I can't wait to go home in October and celebrate his birthday.

Traveling is good, Life is good : )

No comments:

Post a Comment