Friday, August 10, 2012

We made it!

Hello all... we made it to Utah! My mom and dad drove with us from Ohio which was a HUGE help. I don't think we could have made it without them. The drive was long but it was very pretty... however I don't want to do it again any time soon! Quinn was SO SO good. She was such a trooper and we could not have asked for anything else from her.
When we got to Utah we dropped off our stuff that we brought with us and took the dogs to the kennel. Then we headed to Vegas for a few days. We stayed at Aria and it was such a nice hotel. Vegas with a 5 month old is a little different. Here are some pictures from our trip:




After Vegas we headed back to Utah for the movers to bring our stuff. It was crazy hectic with all the movers and bringing our stuff in. Luckily my mom and dad were here to help mark off items and tell the movers where things go. They only lost one item, Quinn's ottoman and broke our garage fridge. They will replace both of those so I can't complain about that. Moving is not my favorite and I hope we won't be doing this again for a couple of years. 
Dave's sister Julie came to help us unpack also and she was  HUGE help. We got so much done while she was here and the house is starting to come together. We ordered a new couch and it will be delivered in a few weeks. I am very excited to get the new couch and get the living room done. For now we just watch TV on the floor! Now that the "essentials" are unpacked and we can live in the house the motivation to keep unpacking is getting low. We will eventually get there. 

Last weekend we headed to Park City to an arts festival. It was very cool and Park City is beautiful. I think we are going to really like Utah. There is plenty of stuff for us to do and the mountains are beautiful. Here are some pictures from our trip to Park City. 





We are going to Zion National Park this weekend and to visit my sister and Zane (and Nolan) in Vegas this weekend!!!! I will post pictures when we get back : ) 

Life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment