Sunday, September 19, 2010

Sunday Funday

Happy Sunday! Today I had my family over to my house for football Sunday. Every week we go to somebody's house to watch the game. Sundays are my favorite day of the week (I LOVE FOOTBALL) but also the worst. I miss Dave the MOST EVER on Sunday evenings...... ugh! So I will just post and do laundry to help past the time until he calls.
Speaking of Dave... he is doing good. Whenever I ask him about his day this is what he says, "It is groundhog day, every day." So I don't get a lot out of him. Starting this week he is switching from nights to dayshift which will be and adjustment for his sleep cycle. We are on day 69 of his deployment so we have approximately 110 days left.

Today for football Sunday I made chesscake, it is super yummy. I got the recipe at my family reunion last weekend. I have never had it before and now I think I will make it all the time. It is very easy to make and taste really good. I am becoming quite the chef if I do say so myself. Today when I was making the chesscake one of my mixing bowls melted in the microwave, which is garbage because it is supposed to be microwavable. The bowl melted into the cream cheese and I had to go to the store to get more ( I didn't think it would be too safe to mix cream cheese with melted plastic into my cake). I was gone for all of about 7 minutes and when I came home Charlie had got into the garbage and ate egg shells and grease, hopefully he doesn't get sick!

Speaking of Charlie (I can't go a single post without talking about him...), he is injured. I don't know how but I kept finding blood spots on the carpet (which is fantastic because we have cream color carpet) and I couldn't figure out where it was coming from. I was checking his lips (from frisbee injuries) and wouldn't find anything. Then today when he was laying down my sister noticed his paw was bleeding. I had to go to the store and get gauze and wrap it up. I need to call the vet tomorrow and see if I need to do anything or how to help it get better.

Here he is with his injured foot. This picture also shows you are new fence we got a few weeks ago....yay!
Luckily the Bengals pulled it off today and it looks like my fantasy team is going to beat my sister's team also. She made a super cute cheese ball for the game today. Here is a picture of it:

She is too crafty.
After everybody left my parents helped me hang some wall decorations I bought a couple of weekends ago. I think I like them. You will have to let me know what you think! 
Hanging it up as Charlie waits for my dad to throw his frisbee for him.
Final product... what do you think?  I think I like it. It doesn't look level because of the picture frame, but it is. We have
this crazy laser thing (Dave had to have) so I know it is for sure level! : )


This week is going to be very busy. I have a lot of work to do (since I was a slacker last week and took a half day on Thursday) and my sister's birthday is Wednesday. I am attending an Apraxia conference on Thursday and Friday then heading to Chicago for the weekend with my sister. I am very excited about Chicago, we are meeting up with some of her good friends (whom I love). I have never been to Chi-town in the fall, can't wait!!! 

Hope everybody has a great week! I will leave you with this quote (it helped me get through my last week, which was a rough one and might help you thru your monday): 

Happiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same. -Francesca Reigler 

Sundays are good. Life is good : ) 

3 comments:

  1. Good post! You will love chicago this time of year! Hope Charlie gets better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The font is all messed up and I can't figure it out, ahhhhhhh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the decorations! Very very cool! I want that cheeseball too :P

    ReplyDelete