Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fourth week of class and flowers at work!!!

Today was a whirlwind. This morning I was stressed out and missing Dave very much. Then my pager went off and I went up front and found these beautiful flowers waiting for me!


He is so amazing and makes me the happiest girl in the whole world. These definitely helped make my day better and cheer me up! Not that anybody is counting but he has been gone for 65 days which means we have about 114 days left! He is doing good, keeping busy and working a lot. He is about to switch to days so his hours will be different. 

Then I got home from work and found this: 




These are bookshelves that are going in the office. My parents are coming over tomorrow to help me put them together. I had to cover them with a sheet because Charlie had chewed on one of the other boxes already but apparently that didn't stop him today. Yesterday when I came home from work I found he had destroyed one of my Halloween decorations I put out. 




After these shenanigans the past two days I decided it was time to get a new crate. I don't like putting him in a crate because I work really long days but I am afraid if I don't I am going to come home one day to a disaster. After his class this evening we made a pit stop at Complete Petsmart to buy the biggest crate they had. The whole time I was putting it together he was just sitting back and watching. 




He can lay down all the way and stand up so I feel a little better about having him in there for a good 11 hours. Maybe after a week or two in here I can try and leave him out again. 

Class this week was funny. He was in a weird mood today. He was going after the dog they use to show us our new skills (he does this every week, I don't think he likes her) and then the next minute he is asleep on the floor when we are supposed to be learning. Today we worked on staying for 2 minutes, that didn't happen. He does pretty good but I have to sit there and stare at him and he always moves his head and makes these crazy faces and I start cracking up. Then he gets excited and starts jumping and we have to start over. Everybody in the whole place is so amazed by how good he is doing. One thing we learned tonight is a trick to get him to drop his frisbee (he is obsessed with his frisbee but it is a fight to get him to drop it so you can throw it again). When the lady was telling me about this I didn't think it was going to work because he LOVES his frisbee, I mean really really LOVES it but I figured we would give it a try. She told me to have treats out and when he brings the frisbee back to offer him a treat and say "drop it", then the dog will drop the frisbee to get a treat. Over time they will associate "drop it" to dropping the frisbee and I won't need treats. I tried this with him when we got home. The only time he would drop his frisbee was when I gave Sammy a treat but if I didn't do that he just looked at the treat and kept his frisbee. We will try this again tomorrow maybe. 

Well today was long but good. I have a busy day tomorrow as well. My parents are coming up after work to help me do stuff around the house. Then my mom and I are going to go and try on a smaller size wedding dress to see if I can do that and not need as many alterations and leave my dad to cut the grass. 

Have a wonderful hump day, Life is SO good!!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment