Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Reception Update!

This weekend my mom, sister and I went to the Dayton Bridal Show. It was kind of small but we still got a lot of good information. We are going to have the reception on February 12, 2011 unless something changes. I am just nervous about the weather being bad. Lets just hope for no snow like last year! The place we are having it is called Shaker Run Golf Course. They have a cute little pavilion with a big stone fireplace that is surrounded by trees and a lake. Dave and I went and looked at it before he left and we both really liked it. I am going next week to meet with that lady and sign the contract. My mom and sister are going to go with me so we can start to think about centerpieces, decorations, etc.

On Friday I am going to try on dresses at a place called Alfred Angelo. They have really cute dresses and what I really like about this place is that all of their bridesmaid dresses can be ordered in ivory. This way if there is a bridesmaid dress I like I can get that instead of an actual bridal gown. I like this option because I like things simple and since this is less formal than a wedding one of those dresses might fit the evening better. I still have to look into a DJ, photographer, flowers, etc. I think we have the cake part done just need to get the stand. 
I found a tie that I really liked and am going to use the colors from the tie for the reception colors. Gage was so kind to model it for me: 

It is sage green, navy blue and white. 
Still trying to figure out the best way to do this reception since it is a bit non traditional. If anybody has any suggestions or has been to a reception like ours please let me know! I am open for any ideas/suggestions! 

Tonight my best friend Liz and her husband came over and helped me hang a ceiling fan in one of the guest bedrooms. It took longer than I thought it would so that pretty much consumed our entire evening. I really have the best family and friends ever! This deployment is making me realize this even more than I did before and it makes me so thankful for everybody I have in my life! I will put pictures up of the fan and the room as well as the installation of the fan soon. 

I have talked to Dave pretty much everyday since my last post. Things are the same with him. He is working a lot and sleeping when he isn't working. He seems to be doing very good. He is going to send me pictures soon and I will post them when I get them! 



No comments:

Post a Comment