Wednesday, August 11, 2010

My first pot of chili

So nothing here is really new except I made white chicken chili for dinner tonight and it is AMAZING if I do say so myself. I am not much of a cook, at all, but I figured there is no better time to learn than now. (I am determined to find all of the positives I can out of this time we have apart. I am making myself a better person while he is gone, which will only make our marriage stronger when he gets back! I think improving my cooking skills can only help everyone!) I made the whole pot by myself WITHOUT calling my mom, which is a miracle. (I did google a couple of things!) I am very proud of myself. I also cut raw chicken, I usually won't even touch it. If anybody would like me to make them dinner one night, let me know :) I am watching SYTYCD, drinking red wine and eating chili! I am in a good place this evening.

Dave is doing well. He calls just about every night with facetime. Being able to talk to him every single day is making this experience a much more bearable one. I feel like it is back to when we were in Washington and West Virginia and not 6,700 miles and an ocean apart.

I have had a break through with Charlie. We start classes next Tuesday and I am excited to see how that works out for us. I took some advice from my friend Tabitha who uses squirt bottles with her dogs. Now when I get home from work I grab a squirt bottle before I let him out of the bathroom (he is breaking out of there on an average of 2 times a week.....). If he trys to jump I squirt him in the face and he hates it! His face is so funny, I will try to get a picture. I must say the jumping has decreased drastically.

I bought a dress for the reception on Friday when I went shopping with my mom and sister. It is absolutely amazing! I can not wait to wear it. On Saturday we are going to the reception place to fill out the contract and get measurements so we can start planning more.

One of the things I keep doing since Dave left is randomly thinking of some of the trips we have taken together. I will be in therapy with a kid and my mind will be like "wow remember when we went to Atlanta for the weekend, that was really fun" lol. So one of the trips I was thinking about this week was when we went to Atlanta in March after Dave got done with COT. This is us at the Coke Museum before a 3-D movie. Surprisingly Dave did not get sick after the movie!

Hope you all have a great day! Thanks for stopping by to see what is new with us! : ) 

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear the squirt bottle trick works!! =) And yes you are allowed to make dinner and bring it over anytime! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah, I cannot wait to see the dress!!!!

    ReplyDelete