Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Charlie's Class Week 2

Okay-so this will be short because I am exhausted. We had Charlie's second week of class today and I wish I could say it went better than last week but it didn't. Class stated off horrible because as we were walking in he kept barking at everybody again and I smacked his nose (very very lightly). During class my teacher came up to me and reminded me that I should not hit my dog while we are at class..... somebody freaking told on me! I lightly smacked his nose for barking, come on people! (If they don't like that they should see what happens to him when he eats our house!) I have to add that Kathlyn came up to us as soon as we walked in and gave me her phone number so if I ever have any questions I can call her. (She is the one with a GSD and is the sweetest thing ever!)

Then during class we got a new collar and it helped some and by the end of the class I had also purchased a new leash as well. Our new leash is leather so when he is pulling away from me the nylon doesn't burn my hand. I didn't get this leash until about half way thru the class so right now my hand is still burning. We worked on walking and stopping and then turning. Surprisingly Charlie didn't do too bad at this. Our major problem for today was non-stop barking at every other dog in the place! 

Some things I learned this week: apparently I give him too much affection (but I beat him right? So how am I too nice also?) so I have to work on making him "earn my affection". Also Charlie thinks he is the leader of the house and I have to change that before next week. Just like last week we had one on one training the entire session while the others in the class were getting taught things.  (I think the people in my class most likely hate us).
After class was over I ended up staying for another 30 minutes while 4 of the woman that work there taught me more things and gave me advice on having a big dog. They also gave me a book to read and told me I have to get him fixed because that is a huge part of our problem. (I need to talk to Dave about this one.)  Here's to hoping next week is better! (it has to be right?!!!?) 



Friends 

Dave is doing good. I haven't heard from him all day because he had/has a big inspection by some big wig Airforce Pharmacy people. I am sure he did great but I will let you know when I know anything. His birthday is coming up soon so if you would like to mail him some cookies or something his address is in an earlier post or email me and I can get it to you (wink wink :)! ) 

No comments:

Post a Comment