Friday, July 30, 2010

Charlie and Me

I think I should have named this blog.... Charlie and me. Yes, inspired by the movie Marley and Me. I have only seen part of that movie because I stopped watching before it got sad. I like to do that with movies (like the Notebook. I just stop watching when they are dancing together before she forgets him and then they die), I like happy endings much better than sad ones.
Anyway back to Charlie. This week has been crazy with him. He is so excited when I get home from work and he jumps (he now weighs about 95 lbs), jumping is not okay anymore. The other day he jumped on me and scratched my face, I spanked him, he proceeded to pee all over my leg and carpet. Then this morning he saw a bird and looked at the bird, looked at me, back at the bird then darted. I then had to run across 3 yards (in my pajamas) and chase him. That is always a great way to start your morning.
My solution to this Charlie situation is this..... We have now run the last 3 days together and everyday he is doing better. Our first run together he drug me on the ground for about 5 feet, we are making progress! We start puppy classes August 17th, hopefully after that, when I yell "stop" or "no" he will actually listen. I have also contacted a couple of places about doggy day care for a few days a week, just waiting to hear back from them. I will keep you updated on if this actually helps!

                                              Here is cute little Charlie that was so easy to love! 

Big Charlie that is really testing my patience! 

Dave is doing good. I have been able to talk to him a lot this week. I just mailed his second care package so he should get that next weekend. He was throwing trash away the other day and a cat jumped out of the garbage. It looked like a lynx (I think that is what they are called). More like a cat you would see at the zoo then in somebody's house. When he emails me the picture I will upload it. 

I went to a meeting on base last night and met some other women whose husband's are also deployed. It was really nice to talk to other people that are going thru the same thing I am and to hear what they are doing and how they are dealing with it. I look forward to going again. They meet once a month. 

I am planning to do some things around the house and go to a bridal show with my mom and sister on Sunday. I will let you know how that goes. Enjoy your weekend! 

5 comments:

  1. Haha love the Charlie story. Reminds me of Chloe. She just graduated from beginner training at petsmart and is currently enrolled in intermediate. They were good and we learned how to control her behavior but she still doesn't listen most of the time. But they are good classes! Good to hear you are meeting with other wives, really help you to get through it all. Love reading your updates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tonight I crossed paths with a desert fox. It had a big piece of steak in its mouth from Friday steak and lobster at the DFAC

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you ever need him to just get out and run around...you can always bring him up here for a while. Our dogs can stay inside and he can have the backyard to run in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Heather! I might have to do that some time.

    ReplyDelete