Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Charlie's 3rd class and some random info


Today we had our third week of doggy classes and it went really well!!! We were the only ones who showed up (I told you everybody hated us!!!-well one family was on vacation and the other just didn't come) So Charlie, myself and our two trainers had the ring all to ourselves. He only barked one time when we entered the building (progress!!!) and at class we practiced our walking, sitting, and controlling his jumping. He did SO GOOD. I don't have anything to really post because it went so smooth. He did however learn to jump over his baby gate today so that throws a whole new spin on keeping him in the bathroom during the day. I have to contact a doggy day care and get him in for his "interview" to see if he is appropriate or not. (I mean really?? They do that kind of stuff. I am paying you to babysit my dog during the day, don't they take anybody?)

 Charlie was fixed last week but I was a little confused because it didn't look like they did anything. I asked about it tonight at class (and felt a little stupid) and they advised me that they indeed took his "manhood" away (not sure the best way to word this next part so here goes....) and that after some time he will no longer look like a boy. So not only did we learn a few new training techniques we learned some dog anatomy as well. Life is all about learning new things, right?!??


The day he got fixed he was such a baby. He kept trying to climb up in my dad's lap.

And this is what I came home to the day after taking Charlie's "manhood". I guess it is payback. 
Tomorrow I get to go pick up my dress for the reception! I am super super excited. My mom and dad are going with me. I can't wait to try it on again, I ABSOLUTELY love it!!!! I got the contract in the mail yesterday for the reception hall and am going to sign that and mail it back soon. I need to really start planning this thing... it is going to be February before I know it! I do not have a lot of fun doing this kind of thing so any help is much appreciated.

Dave is doing good. His birthday is next week and I mailed his birthday box today. He won "Company Grade Officer of the Month" and has an award ceremony tomorrow. I have no clue what that means but it is an award so I am guessing he is doing a good job! (which is no surprise to me at all!) We are now in our 8th week of deployment (woooohoooooo), approximately 29% complete. 

I have been at Children's for 1 year this week! (time flies when you are having fun AND when you work with the most AMAZING group of people ever) Today I had a great day at work!!! I think I have the best job, it can be very stressful at times BUT at the end of the day I don't think I could have picked a more rewarding job. Below is a picture of a candy bouquet one of my kiddos brought me.

No comments:

Post a Comment