Sunday, September 13, 2015

Ohio Part 1

In July the kids and I flew to Ohio for a 3 week trip home. It was amazing. I love going home and everything that comes with it. I love swimming at my parents, seeing all my family and friends, spending time together, relaxing and just being "home." The kids were so excited to get on the airplane (that makes 2 out of 3). I was pretty nervous about the flight this time because I am pregnant and couldn't, well.... take a drink to help calm my nerves and because Leo is so active right now I wasn't sure how he would do with having to sit on my lap for 3+ hours. Thankfully, they both did great and it wasn't as bad as I had imagined. The kids were so excited to see grandma and grandpa, that is always the best part of flying... getting to the airport and seeing how excited the kids are. When we got to the baggage claim somebody had actually taken my bag by mistake so we had to wait for them to bring it back. 
waiting for the airplane 
 When we got to my parents house it was funny because Leo and Elliott were wearing the same shirt. They were so funny together. It took them a little bit to get used to each other and for the first part of the trip they didn't even really interact. Then we would catch them hitting (Leo) or pulling hair (Elliott) but they wouldn't cry, they just let it happen and then looked at each other. I think they are going to be trouble makers together as they get older. Elliott who is actually 12 days younger than Leo called him "baby Weo" the whole trip.
 
Leo loved wearing papaws hat and he loved seeing him everyday. He would yell "papaw" every time he saw him. I think he also loved that whenever he was near papaw he got ice cream or "pop." 
The day after we got home we went to La Comedia and saw The Little Mermaid. It was a great time and was fun to watch Quinn experience it. She loved the food and that she got hot chocolate. I think she was more into the show than Nolan since she loves Ariel but they both did great and we made many memories. On the way home we talked about what our favorite parts were and we were all laughing because Nolan's favorite part was when the boat crashed into the rocks. 
 
 
 
 
We spent a lot of time just hanging out at my parents and it was nice. We did a lot of swimming, playing and relaxing on their back porch. I love the covered porch and how much time we spend outside when we are home. Quinn did amazing with her swimming and I am glad we took swim lessons before our trip. By the third day home she was jumping off the diving board and swimming all the way back to the steps! Leo also loved the water and luckily we had great weather pretty much the whole trip. Of course I would say the kids favorite part is always spending time with their cousins, Quinn and Nolan are so cute together. 
 
 
Jumping off the diving board. 
 
Picnic under the trampoline. 
 
Everybody loves mowers at grandma and grandpa's house. We spent a lot of time in the yard mowing the grass and taking turns on papaw's mower.  
 Aunt Danielle brought a piƱata over one evening and the kids had so much fun breaking it open and then gathering the candy. It was a little stressful, I was sure somebody was going to get smacked with the baseball bat!
 
 
 
 

  
Getting a picture of the 4 of them is not an easy task. 
 
The kids loved playing with Winston. He is a good boy but is never far away when one of them had food. Leo learned to yell "get" while we were in Ohio, I think because Winston was always trying to take his food. Stay tuned for more Ohio trip updates. 

Ohio is good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment