Monday, September 28, 2015

Ohio Part 2

I know I am going to forget some things we did in Ohio. I should have blogged while we were there but I did a lot of relaxing in the evenings and am now trying to catch up. Just a heads up there are a lot of pictures in this post!
Dave flew back to Ohio with me after our Florida trip and the kids were so excited to see him. We were able to go see Chad and Courtney on this visit and had a great dinner. We miss them and wish we got to spend more time together. Leo and Quinn loved chasing Bosco and he loved eating the food they dropped on the floor. 
I love this picture of the boys. I love Leo's smirk face. He always does this face and it is one of my favorite things. 
Quinn was a happy girl because Courtney gave her an Origami Owl necklace with cute charms inside it. Quinn thinks it is the greatest and actually took it for show and tell the other day at preschool. 
 
One afternoon we took the kids bowling. Quinn and Leo both love to bowl. Nolan and Quinn had a great time and Nolan is really good! He had such a high score both games. After bowling we went to the park and had a picnic and got to play on the playground some. It was a fun day and I think grandma and grandpa enjoyed spending this time with the kiddos. 
We spent a lot of time swimming in grandma and grandpa's pool. It was the best part of the trip for me. I love just hanging out in the backyard and relaxing. 
I think this is the sweetest picture of them. Swimming together and making memories. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Leo loved eating the Pringles and did not want to share with anybody. 
While in Ohio we spent a lot of time "mowing the grass." The kids always fought over who got the mowers and who got to ride on papaw's mower. Now when we read books at night if there is a tractor anywhere in a book, Leo says "papaw." 
 
 
Playing in the backyard. They were being "worker men" here and loading all the tools into the truck.  
Quinn and I got to spend a lot of time together while we were home and it was fun. She loves to put her hand on my belly. She loves to kiss my stomach and thinks that my belly button is the funniest thing. She will always ask what the baby is doing in my belly and is giving us baby name suggestions on a daily basis. 
 
All the cousins watching papaw cut the grass. 
 
 
 While in Ohio it was also the annual Patrick Cornhole tournament. It was a fun time and great to see so many family members. Quinn had a great time with all the cousins and we even got to spend time with great grandma.
 
While home, Quinn started calling me "Melissa." Before this picture she came running up to me and said "Melissa we have a surprise for you!" I kept telling her, you call me mommy! 
 Cousin time with juice and crackers, what more could you ask for?! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Pouting because Nolan wouldn't share the pretend baby doll they were playing with. 
 
Hanging out with grandma. 
 
  
 
Celebrating Uncle Kevin's birthday since he spent it out of the country! The kids absolutely loved Kevin and spending time with him. Quinn asked about him the second she woke up and wanted to spend all day with him. It was great to get to spend time with him because it has been 2 years since we had last seen him! 
These pictures were taken one night while hanging out at Nolan's house. I think this is what I miss the most about not living with family. I miss being able to just go "hang out" at my sister's house and let the kids run around and play. It is nice to be home for long stretches at a time so we can do some just "hanging out." 
 
 
 
 
 
More just hanging out at grandma and grandpas. 
 
 
Eating pudding cups that Aunt Danielle made. 
 
 
 
This was taken the night before we left. They were finally all 4 playing together without fighting or crying... and then the next morning we left. 
We had an amazing time in Ohio like always. The trip was too short but we will be going back in December so that always makes it easier. I love going back and hate going back at the same time. I love going back and seeing family and having the kids make great memories. It is also really hard to leave family and know that we miss out on so much being away. I do love the experiences we have and the opportunities this life gives us but I will always miss my family and being able to see them on a daily basis. Plane tickets are booked and we are excited to go back to Ohio to celebrate the holidays! 

Trips are great, life is good. 




No comments:

Post a Comment