Sunday, September 28, 2014

Weekend Recap

We had a pretty low key weekend. On Friday, Quinn and I went shopping for a bit and she got a stuffed Pluto and was a happy girl. The rest of the night we just relaxed, I worked 3 days this week and we were all beat. Leo is getting his top 2 teeth in and has been having a hard time with that.
On Saturday it rained all day. Leo learned that he can now climb up the stairs. It is time to get out the baby gates! Dave needed to go to base for a little bit for Drug Take Back Day and the kids and I stayed home because it was so gross out. I was super bummed because we had a date night planned that consisted of a golf lesson and dinner at a new restaurant eating out on the patio surrounded by the mountains. I was so excited! However, the golf course closed due to the amount of rain and eating outside probably wouldn't have been that fun! I am hoping we can get that date rescheduled ASAP. We ended up laying around, watched the UC vs. OSC game and ate Skyline dip. We didn't even eat dinner. We went from fancy dinner date to no dinner.
 

Quinn said some pretty funny things this weekend. Her language is growing all the time and I have just noticed this week that she is telling longer stories and using a larger vocabulary. We were in the car and out of nowhere she said, "Grandma's house is too far away. I miss papaw, I want to see grandma. I want to go to the ocean (their pool.)" Then today she said, "where is your phone mommy? It's probably upstairs." Probably!! When did my baby get big enough to use the word "probably" and use it correctly! She also decided she likes to sit on the top of the couch now. Yesterday after watching Little Mermaid 2 she was sitting on top of the couch yelling "I kick my feet and swim like a mermaid."
Today we watched football (which Quinn does not like to watch. She only wants to watch football when the option is watch football or go to bed), took a family nap and then went to the aquarium. Quinn loved the aquarium as always and Leo enjoyed it this time also (Leo turned 8 months old today!!). Quinn loves seeing "Nemo, Dory and the anemones" and she loves the stingrays. It is funny because she isn't a fan of the walk through shark tunnel but loves to sit in the room with the benches where you can see the big shark tank. We went to the 4D theater to watch a movie about coral reef and Quinn hated it. She doesn't like loud noises at all. The entire film she covered her ears and said "I need to go potty (her way to try and escape any situation she does not like)." When we left the aquarium we talked about what was our favorite part and she said hers was the sharks but added that the movie was "scary."

 

When we were at the aquarium with Leo looking in the tanks it reminded me of pictures I have of Quinn. We were at the Zoo when we first moved to Utah and she was watching the seals swim. She has always loved watching things swim (seals, penguins, fish, whatever) and I think Leo will be the same. They are almost the exact same age in these pictures. I love these little people so much! 



The weekends are always too short. I'm already for next weekend which looks to be beautiful and perfect for fun fall activities. 

Weekends are good, life is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment