Sunday, September 21, 2014

Chicago Trip

During our trip to Ohio our good friends, Rohin and Rupal got married in Chicago. My mom watched the kiddos for us and we got to have our first kid-less vacation since Quinn arrived. 
Quick story about getting to our hotel. I can never use the map app on the iphone and it makes Dave so mad. He thinks it is the easiest thing ever and I always mess up when I use it. So we are in downtown Chicago and can't figure out how to get to our hotel with the GPS. So I use the map app on the phone and go underneath some roads and we end up at the Valet garage BUT I got us there!!! 
We got there on Thursday and ate Chicago style Pizza and then walked to the John Hancock tower. I freaked out before the elevator ride so we didn't go up. (Then on Friday we walked to the Sears Tower to go up and it was over an hour wait. So we were 0/2 on Chicago high rises.) 
On Friday we went on an Architectural Riverboat cruise. It was very informative and very fun (other than the dragonflies that were dive bombing our heads). We got Garrett's popcorn and went to the Art Institute before heading to the suburbs for the wedding.





On Saturday I got up at 6am to start getting dressed for the wedding. Rupal's cousin helped get me into a Saree for the wedding ceremony. The ceremony procession started in the parking lot at 7:30 in the morning. It was so much fun with dancing and music and a horse! An older Uncle decided to be our friend and kept coming over to Dave and I and telling us different parts of the ceremony and what was going on. (I guess we looked out of place.) 
The ceremony itself was beautiful and they even gave us ice cream in the middle of it! Now that is a tradition I think more people should start using during wedding ceremonies! After the ceremony was lunch and it was delicious. We had a 5 hour break after lunch until the cocktail hour. So what do you do when you are in Chicago for 5 hours without kids???  You nap.. the entire time! 



After our nap it was time to change and get ready for the cocktail hour and the reception. The food for both was amazing and the reception was so fun. There were dances and speeches and even a video from family overseas. It was a great experience and so fun to watch our friends get married. We are glad that we were able to be part of their special day! Dave and I had a great weekend without kids but I was more than anxious to get back to my parents' house and squeeze my little babes!! 


weddings are good, life is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment