Sunday, September 21, 2014

Yellowstone Trip

The weekend before we went to Arches we went to Yellowstone with some friends. We rented a cabin at Henry's Lake and it was beautiful. My friend Ashlee and I drove the kids up on Friday and the guys met us and our other friends at the cabin after work. Well Ashlee and I had some great conversation and ended up missing one of our turns. We took over an hour detour and ended up driving through an area that was under a Tornado Warning... with 5 children in the car. It was a little stressful but everybody made it to the cabin safely! 
We had fun letting the kids run around and hang out on Friday. It rained so we couldn't do a bonfire but we still had fun. The plan was to get up on Saturday and head into Yellowstone. Everybody else went to Yellowstone except for Leo and I. Dave had been sick with a stomach bug earlier in the week and I ended up getting it Saturday morning! So I didn't get any pictures of the trip really but Dave got some that I was able to use. I am 0/2 in Yellowstone (last summer when we went I had such bad morning sickness with Leo that I didn't get to enjoy it very much and this time I didn't even make it to the park.) It is safe to say that I think I am done with visiting Yellowstone, it just isn't meant to be for me! 
Quinn and Dave had fun and she kept telling me about the "big buffalo that was by the car." 



Leo and I got a lot of cuddle time at the cabin while the rest of the group had fun exploring. 

The view from the cabin was great and I wish the weather had been a little warmer and I wasn't sick so I could have enjoyed it more. 
On the way home we stopped at Bear World again and had a great time. Quinn said the bears were "so cute." She loved riding the rides and feeding the animals. 


We had a great weekend with even better friends. It was fun to relax and enjoy good company. And we got to see this beauty on the way home. 


Air Force family is good, Life is good 

No comments:

Post a Comment