Saturday, January 2, 2016

Ohio trip photos

These pictures were from the night before we left for Ohio. I came downstairs to find these 2 crazies had moved their picnic table from the kitchen to the living room and were jumping from it onto their chairs. They have too much energy! 
Beginning of December we headed to Ohio to visit everybody. We flew with 3 kids for the first time. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The kids all did great. We found out the night before we left that we could not all sit in the same row because you can not have 2 lap babies (Leo and Finley) in a row. So I sat behind Dave and the kids with Finley. It was a little bit of a vacation for me. I got to hold Finley and watch movies while Dave spent the flight entertaining Quinn and Leo. When we got to the airport we needed to gather our luggage and get to the rental car spot. There were some very nice Oregon soccer fans (they were playing Columbus Crew the next day) that helped us load all of the bags (and our kids) onto the rental car shuttle and then off when we got there. It was so helpful! 
We had a lot of luggage. 
We love going home and always have the best time. It makes me realize how much I miss day to day family life, just watching TV and eating dinners together. Quinn said so many times while we were home, "I am so glad we are at grandma's house." 
On Sunday, we went to my aunt's house to watch the Bengals game. Elliott loved wearing Quinn's boots just like Leo does. 
 
Leo had a fun time watching football. He even fell asleep eating his cupcake on the way to Aunt Danielle's house. 
The cousins hanging out with Winston in their pjs. 
A lot of time spent in Ohio is just hanging out at grandma and grandpas house. We did a lot of fun things while in Ohio and my pictures are not in the right order and I am missing pictures of some of our adventures. 
One evening, we went to Danielle's house and the kids made a gingerbread house. The big kids actually put the house together and the little boys just ate the candy and supervised. Quinn was singing her version of Christmas Carols. 
 
So fun making memories with cousins.  
 
 
Playing at grandma's house and fixing things with her new tools from Aunt Vicki. 
 
Leo loves his new Thomas pjs. 
The little boys looking out the window with papaw.
 
 
One evening I went with my sister and her friends to a painting event. It was a great time and I love the truck I made for Leo's room. I love that whenever I am in town they let me come join their fun! 
 
Quinn faking sleeping. 
 
The little boys eating ice cream sandwiches with papaw. 
A new mall recently opened and we went to check it out one afternoon. The kids all sat on Santa's lap and got a really cute picture for grandma to keep at her house. They also had a fun kid's play area that was pig themed (flying pigs are a Cincinnati thing) and it was very cute! 
 
 
One evening we went to the Festival of Lights and had a great time. The weather was very warm and we were able to enjoy all the lights and the zoo without freezing our bums off! The kids had a great time and I love the Cincinnati Zoo. 
 
I love these pictures of Leo and grandma, I think they are very sweet. 
 
 
Finley with papaw and with great grandma. 
We finished the trip with a Christmas get together at my parents house. It was nice to see everybody and for Finley to get to meet her family members. We had a great trip home and they are always too short. We are already looking forward to our next trip! Thanks for the great times Ohio. 

Ohio is good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment