Wednesday, June 3, 2015

It's a girl

Dave and I have always talked about wanting a bigger size family and knew we wanted to have at least 3 kids and have talked about more. So we were very excited (and a little surprised by the timing) when we found out I was pregnant right after Leo's first birthday. Quinn was so excited when we finally told her and all she talks about is the baby in mommy's belly. During my morning sickness I would tell her that my belly hurt and she would say, "it's okay mom. We can get the baby out and it won't hurt at all and then you will feel better." (I wish that was how it worked!) 
After my first ultrasound we showed her the pictures and told her that it was the baby and it was in my belly. She picked up the pictures and placed it up on my stomach by herself and we thought it was the sweetest thing. 
I have thought very early on this baby was a girl because my pregnancy has been exactly the same as Quinn's. I have been sick with all 3 of my pregnancies buy Leo's was way worse than the 2 girls has been. I had morning sickness starting at about 7 weeks that lasted until 13 but it wasn't completely awful which made me think, girl. Then my heartburn kicked in around 10 weeks and I knew, girl. I had awful heartburn with Quinn and really none with Leo. 
Just like with Quinn and Leo, I went to find out the gender as soon as I could, I am not a patient person and I know it. The kids and I drove down to the ultrasound place and had them put the answer in an envelope because Dave couldn't go with us. We ended up having to go twice that day (took a trip to the aquarium in between ultrasounds because baby was not in the mood to work with us). When Dave got home from work we opened the envelope together and I was so excited to see that it was a GIRL!!! I love my little Leo like no other but I really wanted Quinn to have a sister that was close in age to her and because Leo is a little wild man right now, I don't know if I could handle 2 boys less than 2 years apart! Quinn was convinced the baby was a boy so it took her a little bit of time to accept that it was a girl and then she told everybody she saw!!! She would say "do you know what's in mommy's belly?! A GIRL!!" She has decided the name is Jojo and will only call the baby Jojo. We keep telling her that is not the name and tell her some of the names we like and she says, "no, the baby is Jojo!" So we will see what happens with her name. 
I did not do weekly pictures with either of my other kiddos and knowing that this MAY be the last pregnancy, I want to do weekly pictures. We are already slacking though because I am almost 20 weeks and we still have to take my 19 week picture. I am enjoying this part of my pregnancy where I am no longer sick and also not miserable. I have felt her move around already and Dave has got to feel her kick also. This pregnancy is going very smoothly compared to Leo's and I am really enjoying it. Fingers crossed everything continues to be easy! 
Time is going so fast and I can't believe we are already half way through! We had our anatomy scan yesterday and everything looked great and she was still a girl. Quinn went with us and she kept saying "that is Jojo." I am very excited to welcome baby girl into the family in October and watch how she fits into our family. I love seeing the interactions between Quinn and Leo and think it is going to be so fun to add another little person to our household! 
 

Babies are good, life is good. 






1 comment:

  1. So cute! You're going to ROCK being a mama of three! :)

    ReplyDelete