Sunday, April 19, 2015

TDY's are Lame

A couple of weeks ago Dave had to go out of town for work back to back weeks! I know this is not much compared to some of my friends whose husband's are gone all the time but Dave doesn't have to travel very much and this was hard! And of course he had to go when I was still having morning sickness most days. The first week he went to DC to work on some computer program and the second week he was at a base in Florida. Luckily he was able to fly home Friday night and because of a mix up he didn't fly out until early Monday morning. Having him home for the weekend was nice and made the next week easier. I thought I would document some of our adventures while he was gone. 
Quinn and I took a lot of selfies to send to daddy so he knew we missed him. 
At one point I was upstairs with Leo for all of about 5 minutes and when I came downstairs the living room, Quinn and Charlie were covered in baby powder. Here is the thing, I hate baby powder and I don't ever use it. Leo loves to get into their bathroom cabinets and throw everything on the floor. I saw the baby powder a few days before this happened and thought "I should just throw that away because I am sick of picking it up and putting it back in the cabinet." So after I cleaned up this mess and the poor dog, I threw it away!
 
The weekend Dave was home we packed in a lot of fun. We went to our favorite date night place, Twigs, with some of our friends. We ended up sitting outside enjoying delicious food and good conversation for hours. It was a perfect evening to be outside and all we were missing was Ashlee and Jason! 
 
On Sunday we went downtown to enjoy Potbelly's and then to the Aviary. Our friends joined us and Quinn loved playing with Finn. It was perfect weather and we had a great time seeing the birds and hanging out with friends. 
 
The weather when Dave was gone was beautiful (which is crazy because last week it snowed!) and we got to spend a lot of time outside. Leo loves his lawn mower from Aunt Danielle and the bubble maker was a great buy. 
 We did a little lot of shopping while Dave was gone. Some was at the local LDS thrift store. Only in Utah will you find signs like this. It was tempting but I had to pass on this little gem. My LDS knowledge is getting pretty good after our time here.
 
 
Sometimes when Dave is gone dinner is the hardest part of the day for me. I am tired, the kids are tired and we all just want to eat. They both take after me and when we are hungry we are in bad moods. On this particular night I let them have anything they wanted. Leo wanted pizza and Quinn wanted "leaves." 
 
 
My friend brought me a Starbuck's one day (yay!). I was laying on the couch counting down the minutes until bedtime. I could hear Leo in the kitchen and thought he was dumping all the kids dishes out of the drawer and onto the floor, which he does almost everyday. But apparently he was digging in the trash. He came walking into the room, drinking the remainder of my iced mocha. All I could do was laugh because if not, I would have cried! 
And this little gem was sent to me by our amazing babysitter. Luckily I had to work one of the weeks (the other was my spring break) Dave was gone so I got a little break from my darling children. Quinn was being a burrito that day. 
So those are some of the pictures I had on my phone from when Dave was gone. It wasn't as bad as I had thought it would be. It did make me feel very grateful he is such a wonderful husband and father when he is home because I sure missed him while he was gone! I feel complete admiration for my friends who have husbands deployed or that travel all the time or single moms because it is hard work when you have to do everything on your own! The Saturday after he got back he let me sleep in and I slept until 11, it was amazing! 

kids are good, life is good. 


1 comment:

  1. This one made me want to cry. I want Twigs and my friends! Wah

    ReplyDelete