Thursday, April 2, 2015

First Haircut

Today I took the plunge and got Quinn's haircut. She has never had her hair even trimmed! It is just getting out of control and I don't know how to fix curly hair so I don't feel like it ever looks cute. I started reading a lot of things on the internet about how to fix curly toddler hair and the first thing was to get it trimmed. So we did that today. It wasn't too painful and she only trimmed off a little bit to make it more even in the back. We will need to go back and get it trimmed again once the front grows out a bit more. Quinn was excited about going to get her haircut and kept asking if it was going to hurt. I told her if she was good that we could go get a toy after and she said "no, I want to get new shoes and a new shirt and new pants." That is a girl after my own heart! She did great, sat in the chair like a big girl and got a new pair of shoes. This was before the cut. 
 
 
Sitting in the chair. She is very shy when we go out and people ask her questions. She was super quite the whole time we were there. Unlike Leo who I had to chase down the entire time. He was not about sitting and watching sister get her hair cut. The boy doesn't stop moving ever! 
 
The after. Not a big difference but hopefully more manageable. I also went to the store and got some product to try out and see if that helps. There are some curly hair products for kids online but they are EXPENSIVE. I am going to try this other stuff I got today first before I take the plunge and spend more on her hair products then on mine. 
 
Speaking of haircuts this little guy got his 3rd haircut the other day. We went on base since we were already at the BX and I didn't want to have to take the kids out of the car again. You can tell we got his hair cut on base, he has a little military man haircut. I need to figure out how I want his hair because every time I get it cut they just cut it short. It is easy but I think he would be cute with an actual hairstyle. 
The other day she was playing in the living room with all her stuffed dogs and went upstairs to play. I thought she was in her room but when I went upstairs to check on her, she was in our bed passed out with all of her doggies around her. Her play is becoming so much more imaginative. It is very fun to watch. Today she put all her stuffed animals around the house and went to the "petting zoo". She took her kid digital camera and took pictures and talked about "how cute" all the animals at the zoo were. 

hair cuts are good, life is good 



No comments:

Post a Comment