Saturday, March 29, 2014

Buffalo Train Ride

One day while in Wyoming Quinn and I (and Leo) went on a train ride at Terry's Bison Ranch to see some buffalo. It is their down time so I didn't think it would be busy but I also didn't think we would be alone on the train! We ended up getting our very own personal train ride which was pretty cool. Quinn had to wear the hat on the train. Maybe she is a true Western girl and not a Midwestern girl like her momma. 



The ride was very fun. We got to see horses, camels, ostriches, other trains and of course, buffalo. Since we were the only ones we got to do whatever we wanted (the driver told us to). He opened the door and the buffalo came right up. He let us feed them and take pictures. James (the train driver/farm worker) was great and gave a lot of information about the farm and the buffalo. 




This guys name was "Dave" so I had to take a picture. He was one of the two males that was in the herd we were able to feed. 


Quinn wanted to feed them but wasn't sure also. She was cute and excited. She danced and screamed and did her "oh my gosh!" quite a bit. After the train ride she said "train, fun". 



I love this video of her feeding the buffalo the treats. 


Leo was not impressed with the train ride as much. But really, he just slept the entire time and Quinn and I got to share a lot of special memories together. He is an easy baby and I love him so much. 

Train rides are good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment