Sunday, March 30, 2014

Arches National Park

Last weekend we went to Arches National Park. We want to try and hit up as many parks as we can while we live out here and I am glad we visited Arches. We stayed at Red Cliffs Lodge and if any of my Utah friends are looking to visit here- I would highly recommend it. The place was the cutest and the restaurant on site was good. We had a river suite and the views from our room were amazing. We will be going back again for sure.  They also have a winery on site. We didn't get to do the wine tasting (not a kid friendly activity) but I did run in and grab a few bottles and what we have drank so far was really good. 

Views from our room patio. Quinn loved all the "rocks".





Since living in Utah we decided we would see the delicate arch before moving away. It is on all the license plates here and it was a must on our Utah Bucket List. Well... it was a longer hike than I thought but we made it! The weather was perfect the day we went and Quinn was a trooper. We had a backpack carrier for Dave to carry her in but she wasn't having it. She screamed "help, help" when we tried to put her in and we decided to just go without it. She made it the entire 1.5 miles there but fell asleep on the way back and Dave had to carry her the whole way without any carrier. 
Every vacation we go on we end up doing some crazy hike. We were taking about that as I about died walking to the Arch and we decided that we have hiked on every vacation we have been on together except Vegas. I argue that walking the strip is equivalent to a hike! I guess it is just a thing we do so there is no point changing it now! 




It was very windy up at the top. I was so tired by time we got to the top that we didn't go down and get our picture under the Arch (next time). We also took one bottle of water for all of us (great planning) so that made me not want to walk any more than I needed to! It made me nervous when we were there because there was a large cliff and I didn't like having Quinn walking around. She was clearly not interested in getting her picture taken that day. 


I just love this picture- she was having fun on another of our hikes. 


Standing with mommy and Leo. 


Landscape arch. 



Windows Arch- we didn't hike to this one. The parking lot was packed and we were all tired. Again, next time. 


We had a great weekend trip to Arches and do plan to go back. It was a very neat park and we still have to visit Moab and Dave really wants to take the jeep for some off-roading next time. 

Hikes are good, life is good. 

1 comment:

  1. We loved Arches! I hiked it 6 months pregnant and was definitely worn out :) Looks like Leo and Quinn did great though!

    ReplyDelete