Monday, July 12, 2010

First post-Dave left today

Hello all...Welcome to our blog. This is my first blog so it may be slow going at first. It has taken me about 30 minutes to figure out how to change the size of pictures so I can upload them on here. (thanks Erin!) We met some great people (Erin and Daniel) on our Hawaii trip who recommended starting a blog while Dave was deployed (they are also military), so here we are!
 I will put Dave's address on tomorrow. I am currently locked in our bedroom (door locked, dogs inside room with me, alarm on, wine bottle next to the bed) do I don't want to go downstairs to get it. For those of you who aren't aware, I don't EVER EVER EVER stay anywhere by myself, so this deployment is really making me step out of my comfort zone!
Dave and I have a lot of plans while he is gone. I am going to be doing a lot to the house, planning our reception and running a 10k so make sure to come back and see what is new with us!

When I got to my parent's after work today to pick up the dogs my mom had made this sign and text the picture to Dave. She is so cute!

3 comments:

  1. You can do this, Melissa! 6 months will fly by. If you need anything...mom/dad/me/Joey are here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Melissa, I almost called you Patrick like in rowing, but it's not that anymore = ) It's cool you are starting a blog. Hope your time apart goes quickly for you. Looking forward to reading more.

    FYI the dog picture is adorable

    ReplyDelete
  3. The blog looks great Melissa. It will be fun for Dave to look at while he's gone too. Daniel and I will definitely be followers. Hang in there......the time will go by faster than you think.

    ReplyDelete