Saturday, October 3, 2015

Lately

After a very busy summer of traveling and visiting family we have started to slow down and enjoy day to day life. Quinn started preschool 3-days a week and she really loves it. I love that I get a few hours with just Leo. He is so cute and loves when we go to pick her up, you can tell he misses her when she is gone. We used to walk to her school in the wagon but some of the other kids ride their scooters. She asked if she could ride her scooter like the other kids and not take the wagon. I literally cried! She is getting too big too fast!!!  Now she rides her scooter to school while I watch, so sad. We are lucky and her preschool is on our street so I can watch her ride down there without leaving our driveway. 
Quinn loves playing with blocks and is very good at it. I am always amazed with what she builds. This day she built a "machine" and there was another "machine" on the other side of the room that it "talked" to. 
 
Leo is now obsessed with "choo choo trains" and he carries them around all day. He has to have his train blanket to go to sleep and always wants to watch Thomas or Chuggington on TV. 
Quinn is having a hard time with napping and going to bed lately. We are in the process of trying a lot of different things and are going to soon be trying a tot clock to help. She doesn't sleep! I have no clue how she keeps going because just watching her makes me tired. Instead of napping she organizes her toys, or reads books or "cleans" her room. At night she will stay awake until midnight doing the same thing and coming out of her room a million times to ask the most random questions. Hopefully we will get her into some kind of routine that will give me some breaks before this baby comes! 
Always loves showing off his belly. 
I am now 37 weeks but here is our week 36 picture. Time is going very fast and we have a date for induction. Unless she comes sooner she will arrive on October 19th. We still have a lot to get done but are slowly getting ready for her arrival. Quinn is so excited for the baby to get here! 
Hanging out with mommy while Q was at school one day. I love the one on one time we get. 
I found this train table for $15 the other day and had to get it for him. He doesn't like it as much as I thought he would. Luckily it is very small and doesn't take up hardly any room and will easily fit into his room. The other weekend I wasn't feeling well and was upstairs taking a nap. I have started doing some early Christmas shopping to help make my life easier and a box of presents came in the mail. Dave and the kids opened it only to find several presents. The kids were both very happy with their early gifts. 
Leo is always keeping me on my toes. I went upstairs for about a minute the other day and came downstairs to this little mess. He had climbed up onto the counter (his new favorite thing to do) and grabbed a bowl full of donuts then spilt them all over the floor. I have no idea how the dogs were not in there eating them before I came back down, they are never far from food. 
 
Dave took the kids to Chipotle the other day after Quinn's soccer practice while some of my friends threw me a little party for baby girl. Our kids love Chipotle. Quinn always asks to go eat there and get the "yellow dip" (aka Guacamole). 
My friends got me a maternity massage with a feet and ankles add on special. It was amazing! I had a great evening chatting and eating yummy food. It made me feel very special and I am thankful for the friends I have made here in Utah. We had a name suggestions jar since she is still nameless and my friend made this cute predictions board. After baby arrives whoever has the most points gets a prize-so fun! 
In late August we drove up to Park City to get some family pictures and baby bump pictures. We have a fabulous photographer here and always love the pictures she takes. Here are a few of the ones from our last session. I love them so much! 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Fall is good, life is good 

No comments:

Post a Comment