Tuesday, January 13, 2015

New Years Trip


Over New Year's my sister-in-law Julie, Han and all my nieces came to visit us. I was happy to see them because Dave was leaving New Year's Eve for Washington State to attend out friends funeral and I didn't want to be alone. They are always great to be around and we had so much fun. 
On New Year's Eve we went bowling on Base and it was a lot of fun for everybody except for Quinn. She loves bowling so I thought she was going to have a great time with her cousins. Instead she didn't like the fact that the lights were off and the music was loud. I had to go to the car and get headphones for her to wear but she wanted her "big headphones." She spent most the night sitting at the top with her head phones on dancing to the music and then she eventually came down to bowl and loved it. We had a really fun time and spent the rest of 2014 relaxing, eating and playing with fireworks. The only thing that could have made the day better was if Dave had been there to share it with us. 
On Thursday we didn't leave the house and that was amazing. We hung out, watched TV, played games. The kids had a great time together and Marcel and Reese are the best helpers. Quinn and Leo loved playing with their cousins. 
Leo decided to start drinking from a sippy cup like it is no big deal. Funny how that works because he did that with walking also. He just woke up and thought, I think I'll drink from a sippy cup today. Uncle Han thought it would fun to put Leo on his lawn mower and push him around and the kids had a great time with that. 
On Friday, we as well as half the state of Utah thought it would a great idea to go to the curiosity museum. It was a little crowded but the kids loved it. Marcel, Reese and Han did the high ropes course. Han taught them a good lesson about conquering your fears. The whole trip Quinn called Han, "Prince Han, like from Frozen. She was happy Prince Han took her outside to do the tight ropes course. We finished the day by shopping at City Creek. 
  
 
 When we were at the museum playing in the little kid area, Quinn helped Leo get the toys and I thought it was the sweetest moment. She is a great big sister (most of the time) and really looks out for him. She even tried to take balls from other kids to give to her brother! 
On Saturday, we also did not leave the house and just enjoyed our time together. We ate a lot of food, watched some sports and watched the kids play. I am so happy they came to see us and we can't wait for our next Jarnot family get together! 
A quick Leo update. He is almost one year old (what??)!?! He is in need of his second hair cut but I am going to wait until it is closer to his birthday so it looks good for pictures. Also, he is a wild man! The boy keeps me on my toes. Always climbing on something, breaking something or carrying around a ball (his new favorite toy). We finally took his 11-month pictures tonight (a little late) so I will update that soon. I love his sweet personality and how much he loves it cuddle. He is a smart boy! He isn't doing a lot of babbling yet and refuses to sign to me, he actually hits my hand away when I try to sign to him. But today we were in the living room and I asked him if he was hungry and if he wanted cheese. He got up and immediately took off to the fridge! 
 
These two need to stop growing! Quinn is a true Buckeye and is throwing up an "O" (Go Buckeyes!!!National Champions! Yesterday she learned "OH-IO.") 

Family is great, life is good 

No comments:

Post a Comment