Friday, January 16, 2015

All about me!

I wanted to do an update on my 30 before 30 list to see how much more I need want to do. I also realized I never write about myself on this blog! I am the one who is doing all the work documenting our family's adventures and I very rarely talk about me! This week I checked an item off my list by doing a "spa day" and it was amazing. Dave got me a gift certificate to a local spa I really like and I spent 3 hours there the other evening and I can't wait to do it again.
I am still working part time (2 days a week) which is much harder than I thought it would be. Don't get me wrong, I know it is easier than working full time but I feel like I still have full time responsibilities and I try to cram it all into 2 days. It is hard to get into a routine at home and also hard to get into a routine at school. I am currently making my decision on to stay home full time next year or keep working part time. One day I want to stay home because I know the kids are only little once and it goes by super fast. Then I have a day at work that reminds me why I went into this career and I feel like if I stop working that I will lose part of myself. I get nervous about being a "full time" stay at home mom/wife. I don't know if I would be completely happy taking care of everyone else and the house stuff and not really doing something for me. I really love what I do but I also know I can do it again in a few years once the kids are big. So that is the battle that I go over all the time in my head. I have a few months until I need to let me work know for sure if I am not coming back so I will just continue to think about it.
We also just found out we will be in Utah until next summer which will put us here for 4 years! It was a 4 year assignment we just didn't think we would be here the whole time. I have mixed emotions about this. We really like Utah and I know there are much worse places to be stationed. However, I was ready for the next adventure and for something new. I also can't believe that when we leave here Q will be 4 and half!!! It is taking me a bit to get over the fact that we are not moving and mentally preparing myself for another 18 months here. This has brought up the conversation to move on base or stay where we are. We like our house and our comfortable but I also feel a little isolated sometimes because we don't have the most social neighbors in the world. This is also something I keep going back and forth about (I can be a little indecisive sometimes...). Moving is a pain and I am nervous the house will be much smaller than we are used to. Then at the same time I think I will really like being that close to people that I know. This is another decision we will need to make over the next month or so. I also think if I am  home full time I will like having friends in walking distance since I will have much more free time (at least I think I will). 

Now onto my list:

1. Take Golf Lessons
2. Run a race (even just a 5K) Santa 5k (and since we will be here next year, we can do it again!) 
3. Read and FINISH 10 books (I'm only on my 3rd book, I need to pick up my reading) 
4. Go to a "Paint Night" event
5. See a movie alone
6. Take a "pole dancing" exercise class
7. Go to Glacier National Park (This will be easier to do now that I know we are staying another year) 
8. Finish Q and L's baby books (Haven't even touched them....) 
9. Travel to visit a friend (Does a trip in Indianapolis count?!) 
10. Do a "spa day" (not just a massage, a whole day!) (This happened on Wednesday and it was great) 
11. Start saving in my 401K (I've asked about this at work.... ) 
12. Ski in Utah (It's the best snow on earth!)
13. Send a card to a different person each month letting them know what they mean to me
14. Take some sort of make up class (find a color of lipstick I  like?)
15. "Unplug" for a week (plan to do this on our upcoming Disney trip!) 
16. Go on an overnight trip with just Q
17. Do stand up paddle boarding
18. Do something new to my hair (I grew out my side bangs that I have had forever- that counts right?) 
19. Stop doing laundry on Sundays (This is much harder to do that I thought it would be) 
20. Learn to knit or crochet  (I kind of did this, my friend showed me how and then I haven't practiced again). 
21. Read 5 Catholic Books 
22. Go camping
23. Grow something (flower, vegetable, herb)
24. Do 5 things on my Pinterest Page ( I have done 3, I think, once I get to 5 I'll mark it off!) 
25. See Garth Brooks in Concert
26. Be on time to things (this one is very general but I need to work on this)
27. Go on a 5-year anniversary trip (In the planning stages!!) 
28. Volunteer more
29. Have a 30th Birthday Party
30. Write a blog for each activity completed on this list (check, check!) 
I need to get on my list. I have less than 7 months to go and a lot of things left to do. I realized while trying to find a picture of myself for this post that I don't ever make the pictures these days. I'm not a "selfie" type person but I might have to start taking some so that my kids know what I looked like during their childhood.
reflection is good, life is good 

No comments:

Post a Comment