Friday, October 10, 2014

30 before 30

I saw a friend post a 30 before 30 list and I decided I wanted to do it too! It was much harder than I thought it would be which made me realize I needed to do it even more. Some of these items on the list are things I have wanted to do for a while, some will make me do things I wouldn't normally do and others will challenge me. I am so busy being a mom and working and keeping up all the house needs that I don't have much time for me at all. I was making my list and I started thinking things like "well that is too expensive", "I don't know if we are moving so we might not be living here next summer", "that will take up too much time", "I won't be able to do it." All of this made me realize I NEED to do more for me. So here is my 30 before 30 list. These 30 things I will try and complete before my birthday in August, try and encourage me because some of these are way outside of my comfort zone.

1. Take Golf Lessons
2. Run a race (even just a 5K)
3. Read and FINISH 10 books
4. Go to a "Paint Night" event
5. See a movie alone
6. Take a "pole dancing" exercise class
7. Go to Glacier National Park
8. Finish Q and L's baby books
9. Travel to visit a friend
10. Do a "spa day" (not just a massage, a whole day!)
11. Start saving in my 401K
12. Ski in Utah (It's the best snow on earth!)
13. Send a card to a different person each month letting them know what they mean to me
14. Take some sort of make up class (find a color of lipstick I  like?)
15. "Unplug" for a week
16. Go on an overnight trip with just Q
17. Do stand up paddle boarding
18. Do something new to my hair
19. Stop doing laundry on Sundays
20. Learn to knit or crochet (I don't even know the difference)
21. Read 5 Catholic Books
22. Go camping
23. Grow something (flower, vegetable, herb)
24. Do 5 things on my Pinterest Page
25. See Garth Brooks in Concert
26. Be on time to things (this one is very general but I need to work on this)
27. Go on a 5-year anniversary trip
28. Volunteer more
29. Have a 30th Birthday Party
30. Write a blog for each activity completed on this list

New adventures are good, life is good

No comments:

Post a Comment