Monday, August 25, 2014

Randoms

This post is kind of random. I was sitting at my computer and felt like I should do something productive but didn't want to use a lot of brain power so I just grabbed a few pictures off my drop box to share. I really love doing my blog and especially now that I am turning my blog into yearly books but it is a lot of work and very time consuming! I am always behind which makes me sad but I will just do as much as I can which will be better than nothing. 
My kids are the best and they are always making me laugh (well today they made me want to start drinking at noon... but most of the time, they make me laugh!). Leo is into EVERYTHING. He is moving nonstop and will not sit still unless he is on my lap. I went into Quinn's bathroom to do her hair the other day and he was playing with a toy on the floor of my bedroom (see it in the background of the picture below). I went back to check on him and he had made his way over to her Ipad. He wants anything Quinn has and she always makes sure to tell him "no Weo".  
He has been so fussy the last few days (as in not sleeping the other night from 1-7am) and today I noticed his second tooth has poked through. Hopefully he will go back to sleeping for more than 2 hours at a time, I would greatly appreciate it. He is also going through a total mommy phase and wants ONLY me ALL the time. Today was pretty rough, if I was not holding him, he was crying. When Dave holds him, he cries and looks for me and as soon as I take him, he is fine. On days that are really hard I remember a blog I read somewhere that said "you will never be more loved than you are right now" and that helps me to not scream (literally). 


We always have laundry laying around our house. I should just get over this idea that I will ever have a clean house. There is always something to do and clothes to put away. I was trying to get ready (which is fun with 2 children) and Quinn found a pair of Dave's shorts. She said "look, daddy shorts" and put them on by herself. (I figured we were already running so late that taking a few seconds to snap a few pictures for memories sake wouldn't hurt.) She is too funny. 
I have been asking her if things she has done are "on purpose or an accident." Today she was coloring in her princess castle and I hear her say "I did that on purpose", so I take a look inside and she has colored all over the inside of the tent. 
I can no longer use the "I'm going to count to 3" method to get her to listen because she just starts laughing and counting "1, 2, 3, 4, 5...". 

 

The other weekend we drove down to Salt Lake to a place called the Tracy Aviary. It was a little bird park inside of a huge park downtown. Quinn loves birds so she was a happy girl. We really enjoyed our time there, so much that we bought a season pass. It is big enough to be worth the drive and small enough to be a quick half day trip. 


Leo will not suck on a pacifier but he will chew on the side of it. As long as it makes him happy, I really don't care.

We always laugh about Quinn having a large head and while we were at the park we decided to get our picture in this lovely photo opportunity. Quinn was not able to get her head out because it was stuck. Dave and I were laughing so hard that she was stuck for just a minute until we could pull ourselves together to get her out. 
I found this cute picture while playing around on dropbox. (Quinn has recently woke up at 9:45pm and is now helping me to write this blog.) She said "I'm a little baby like Weo." I can't believe how fast she is growing. It feels like just yesterday she was this little pumpkin. I remember thinking her hair was so long at this point because she actually had some! 


Hope you enjoyed a few pictures of some happenings in our life lately. It is 10pm and both children have already woken up and the kitchen still needs cleaned and work/diaper bags need packed for tomorrow so it should be a fun evening in the Jarnot house. 

kids are good, life is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment