Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Gardner Village

Today was perfect here in Utah! It was in the low 70's and sunny. Which is kind of weird since last week it was in the 30's and snowing! Today Quinnie and I joined my friend Ashlee and her kiddos on a trip to a little place called Gardner Village. It is a super cute little area with old houses that are filled with unique shops. For Halloween they have all these witches around the village doing various things. It was a fun day and I even bought a sign for our living room that got me inspired to start making our house a "home". I went to DI (if you live in Utah you know that this is Dessert Industries, a thrift store owned by the LDS church) and bought an end table for our living room. Then I went to Home Depot to buy some spray paint to make it match my sign. I realized when I got home that it doesn't match very much, so I shall be going back tomorrow with sign in hand to find the perfect color!
I don't start my new job until next week so I am hoping to get the table done this week. I am starting at the Utah School for the Deaf and Blind and am SO excited! My caseload is 23 little kiddos with hearing loss!!! *Pictures of the project and sign to follow in another post*
Here are pictures of our day. There were many attempts to get a "group shot" and we failed miserably but they are still cute. My favorite is the one where Luke is kicking the pumpkin like a soccer ball or futbol as Porter would say in Spanish.  : )
















Friends are good, Life is good : ) 


No comments:

Post a Comment