Friday, December 3, 2010

Time is flying!

I can't believe it has been almost a month since my last post! I don't know where time is going????? (but I don't really care). We have approximately 41 days left until Dave comes home (YAY!). I have done a lot of things since my last post. I think the most exciting thing is that Dave and I booked our vacation to Maui for after the reception. We are staying in a brand new resort for 10 nights!!!!!!! I can NOT wait.
Dave is good, ready to come home. I just mailed him a package full of Christmas decorations and he decorated the pharmacy. I wanted to make sure he still felt like it was Christmastime even far away. He STILL has not sent me pictures to post on here. I will get on him again about that.
A reception update: I have booked a photographer and got a really great deal. I need to get shoes this week because I get my dressed altered in 2 weeks!
A couple of weekends ago I went to Denver to visit with my sisters-in-law, brother-in-law and nieces. It was a really great weekend and I am very glad I was able to go out and visit while Dave was gone. I was able to see Boulder and Denver, it is very pretty. Dave surprised me with a massage the day I got there at this really nice spa. He is so thoughtful, the best ever! I am looking forward to them coming in for the reception in February. I got to see one of my friends from Grad school while I was there and it was great to catch up. Here are some pictures of the trip:




Thanksgiving was really great. It was low key but nice to spend time with family and relax. We ate really good food then watched the Bengals lose. All in all it was a great day. The day after Thanksgiving my family went on a train ride to Metamora for their Christmas walk. It was cold but fun. 



My parents have helped me do some things around the house. My mom redid the downstairs bathroom for us one day when I was at work (she is the best ever!). Then today they hung a mirror in the sunroom. I am waiting for the chairs I ordered to come in next week and the sunroom will be complete. 



I have been busy putting up the Christmas decorations. I have some of them up but still need to put up the tree in the dinning room and decorate the tree in our bedroom. I put our downstairs tree up all by myself and was pretty happy with how it turned out. I got a new ornament for the tree when we went to Metemora. 



Tonight my sister and my friend Tabitha came over and we baked cookies to send to Dave. We tried to make 3 different kinds of cookies and only one of them tasted good.  I am going to make some more tomorrow to put in his box so he will have a variety of cookies to eat. 





I will end with a Charlie update. He hasn't done anything too terrible lately. He has only broken one ornament at my parent's house, chewed some more bags on the pool cover and destroyed a piece of my parent's outdoor furniture. We dropped out of doggy school, I didn't feel like going anymore and they were not teaching us anything new in the second class that we had not already learned in the first one. He goes to doggy day care during the week and that really helps me out in the evenings.



Well that was a really long post. Hope you enjoyed the quick update on our lives. I will try and not wait so long in between posts again. Have a great weekend! 

Life is just plain good!!! : ) 








1 comment:

  1. Awww Mel! I remember helping you bake cookies for Dave last year! I miss you, and I am so happy for you that your hubby comes home so soon! -Lauren

    ReplyDelete