Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fun winter weekend

This weekend I spent a lot of time with my wonderful family. Last night I watched Gage and Teagan and we went over to my sister's house to spend the evening with her nieces for our "annual" Christmas get together with the kids.
 It snowed yesterday and my sister lives on a big hill so we decided to let the kids sled. That was entertaining to say the least. The hill is huge and my mom tested it out first, she ended up in the street! It seemed a little unsafe so we let the kids slide down the side into the driveway then the adults stopped them from going 60 MPH into the street. They had a blast and it was really funny.





After we went sledding Teagan and I went inside to stay warm. She helped me mix the gingerbread cookie mix while the big kids played outside some more. Teagan told on my dad for eating some of the cookies my mom made to mail to Dave while her and I mixed the dough together, she is too funny. My mom helped the kids cut out ginger bread cookies. Then we ate pizza, made gingerbread houses and watched the Grinch and Charlie Brown's Christmas special. The kids ran around like crazy and stayed up late. Gage cried the next morning because he didn't want to leave-I think it was a successful evening. 



Not happy my dad took some of her icing. 

Now she is happy because she has sprinkles. 

Today I spent the day with my siblings. We went out to eat then went Christmas shopping. It was great spending the day with them. I got some presents bought and some stuff done for the reception. I found this craft at Michael's when we were shopping and had to buy it. I think it is cute.


It was a GREAT weekend and it really reminded me how AMAZING my family is and how much I am truly blessed. Tomorrow is my favorite because Dave calls and wakes me up! Plus this week I only have a 3 day work week because I have staff meetings/holiday luncheon on Wednesday. 

Winter is good, Life is SO good!!! : ) 



No comments:

Post a Comment