Sunday, February 5, 2017

Grandma Visit Part 2

The rest of my mom's trip we finished out our long weekend in Florence and then headed back to hang out in our little area of Italy for a few days. While my mom was here she helped me get my Christmas decorations put away which was a huge help!!! We also visited Nove, a cute little pottery town near us, watched Quinn dance, took her to some of our favorite local places and also hit up Slovenia and Venice. I think she had a great trip and we loved having her here, we can't wait until she comes back!! 
 
This was at a breakfast shop in Florence. It had the best waffles and pancakes but the coffee was not that great. 
 
 
 
 
Florence
 
 
 
 
 
This was at Royal India in Florence, the food was so so good!! 
Getting coffee at the local Cafe. 
We spent a day in Nove and in a town (I can't remember the name) near there that has a wall around it still. It was a great day shopping, eating and site seeing. 
 
These next pictures make me laugh. Finley was taking a drink and then let out a huge burp, I was able to capture the moment on camera. I love Quinn's faces! 
 
 
 
Leo lost his mind because he wasn't able to ride the train in the city center (that was closed!) so we were unable to go into the museum (it was closed for reposo)... it was nap time so we let it slide this time! 
 
 
Quinn loves her Beauty and the Beast tea set. We need more pieces to complete the set but we got a few for now and will get more on our next trip to Nove. 
We ended up with a lot of great pieces I think. I love my bowl with the olives and my Christmas tree! 
Italy has an old legend of Old Befana. An old lady who brings kids candy on January 6th if they have been good. We got the book and have been reading it to the kids, they were so excited for Old Befana to come to our house (and she sweeps the floor, yay!). They have huge bonfires the night before, we didn't go because it was pretty cold but we were able to see our towns while we were driving back form dinner. 
Dancing with daddy in the living room. These really are the best moments. 
 
Old Befana came and everybody was happy! I love this Italian tradition. 
 
We got a box of goodies form the Kasudia's in Japan and the kids were so happy. We miss our friends and hope we can meet up with them soon!! 
 
I went to check on them one day during nap time and found them like this. 
Making Trolls cupcakes with grandma and this is why grandma is the best! 
We drove up to Slovenia one day and went to the castle and to see the caves. The castle was really amazing. It is half inside a cave so it was freezing but it was very neat. I am glad my mom was able to go with us and see it. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
We had a great time exploring the caves and of course riding the train. 
On my mom's last day we spent the day in Venice. It was a perfect day. It wasn't too cold and the sun was shining. We got take out pasta and ate outside on the sidewalk and took a boat ride to the glass blowing island of Murano. It was a great way to end her trip. We wish she could have stayed for longer! 
Riding the train with grandma. 
 
    
 
 
Take out home-made pasta for 5 euro.... perfection! 
Murano- the glass blowing island. 
 
 
 
She is always making this face with her lips. 
We got gelato and coffee before leaving Murano and it was one of the best coffees I have had so far in Italy. 
 
We caught the sunset on our way back to Venice, it was beautiful. 
  
 
 
 
 
 
 
Riding on the boat taxi. 
 
 
We had the best time with Grandma and we can't wait for her next trip to Italy!

Grandma's are good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment