Sunday, February 12, 2017

Birthday Party

On Saturday Quinn turned 5!! I can not believe we have been parents for 5 years, it really does seem like a blink of the eye. We decorated the dining room for when she woke up and had bacon for breakfast (it was supposed to be pancakes too but I was running behind getting cupcakes ready!) and opened a few presents (all Monster High of course!). Then we all got ready to go to the kids bowling birthday party. Since their birthdays are so close together and they both have the same friends pretty much we had a combined party for them. I had ordered supplies for a construction party and monster high party but somehow the order never got fully placed (I still don't know what happen) so we ended up with Monster High things (that luckily I had ordered on amazon and they made it in time) and a dinosaur/construction birthday party (both things Leo currently loves). It all worked out in the end and was a party full of things they both really enjoy.
 
Geting ready for the party. 
 
Our dinosaur and monster high cupcakes. Quinn did a great job helping with her cupcakes! She is going to be a great helper, she loves getting involved with everything and is really attentive to detail. 
Our little birthday girl had a great time bowling and dancing with her friends. She said multiple times throughout the day, "this was the best birthday ever!" I loved seeing how much fun she was having. 
The bowling alley gave the kids bowling pins that their friends could sign, they both thought that was super cool. 
  
Blowing out the candles. 5 and 3 seem like such big numbers to me. They both still seemed so little last year and this year I feel like they are big kids!!! Time needs to slow down. 
Dancing the afternoon away. 
I think all the kiddos had a great time and the bowling alley made it pretty easy on me. It was also super nice to have all the other moms around to help out when needed! It really does take a village. We have been super lucky and have found some great families with kids the same age as ours since moving to Italy. It is always hard in the military to leave great friends behind but we always seem to find great people at each of our bases and we are so thankful for that! 
This little monkey had a great time eating cupcakes and running around the bowling alley. 
More cupcakes, Leo absolutely loves that T-Rex he got for his birthday. Since none of the decorations came in for the party, we brought him along. :) 
Quinn and Parker bowling. 
She is so big that she no longer wants to use the ramp anymore!! 
These girls have some serious dance moves. 
Quinn and Joey, she loves the Tolman boys. 
Everybody waiting on the bowling balls. They did a great job of taking turns. 
After the party we went home and relaxed. Leo took an almost 3 hour nap and Quinn got to watch TV and play with her new toys since it was her birthday. We finished the day with tacos (one of her favorite dinners), strawberry popsicles and a little Netflix and couch snuggles. She is growing up so fast and I just want it to slow down. I love watching her grow and learn but I miss my little baby Quinn too!! We love her so much and her sweet personality, our little momma is getting so big!! 
She passed out on the couch and it reminded me of her first birthday. We have this picture of her passed out on the couch with her "meme". I had to do a side by side comparison because I thought it was so sweet. I think that is a pretty good sign that she enjoys her birthdays!! 

Birthdays are good, life is good. 


No comments:

Post a Comment