Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Polar Express

We went on the Polar Express train ride last night and it was magical. The kids were in heaven. The drive there was a little scary (for me), we have to drive through a canyon and it was snowing pretty hard. I am very glad Dave was driving. We literally made it on the train about 1 minute before it left! I thought they would wait a few minutes because of the snow and it causing people to be late... nope! Quinn and Leo were so excited and Quinn kept asking the whole drive there if the train was going to leave us! We need to work on being on time more or she might get anxiety about missing things!! 
This is just because I love this sweet girl. She is staring to smile and more importantly sleep more! 
 
 
When we got on the train we got cookies and hot coco. The kids loved every minute of it. Looking out the windows with the snow and the mountains all around us was beautiful. I can't think of a prettier place to go on a North Pole ride. 
 
They did a great job and kept the kids entertained. We sang songs (and I think we had the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on our train, everybody was a great singer... I just moved my lips), told jokes and they even had a fiddle player. When we approached the North Pole there were lights and Santa was waiting! Quinn thought it was the coolest thing ever and Leo was just pumped to be on a train. I think Finley had sensory overload and when she was out of the carrier was wide eyed. 
 
 
Santa brought everybody bells which was very cute. 
 
Finley checking out the big man. 
 
 
Leo was too sweet and got up to grab Q's bell when she dropped it and nobody even asked him to. They are developing the sweetest relationship and I love watching them together. 
 
Quinn and daddy on the train ride back to Utah. We had a wonderful time and I am glad we were able to spend this time together. It was a great night. 
They were more interested in checking out the train instead of looking at the camera. Since the kids (or Dave) had not watched the Polar Express movie we decided to watch that today. Leo loved it and Quinn spent half the movie hiding on the stairs asking if somebody was going to get in trouble or die. I think Dave watches too many action movies around her. 

Polar Express is good, life is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment