Sunday, August 23, 2015

Florida Trip

While I was home Dave and I went to Florida for a few days to attend an award ceremony he was a finalist for and to get in some beach time to celebrate our 5-year wedding anniversary. It was nice to already be in Ohio so I could leave the kids with my parents and then just meet him in Orlando. I was so nervous about leaving the kids and cried the whole day before we left. It was the longest time I had been away from either of them and I didn't know if I would be able to enjoy myself. Well.... I was! I did miss them very much but it was a much needed time alone for Dave and I and we were able to relax and enjoy a kid free long weekend! 
I flew down to Orlando to meet him on Thursday and attend the Next Generation Pharmacist Award Ceremony that evening. Our Hotel was a Universal Studio Resort Hotel and was designed to look like Italy and it was so nice. We took a water taxi to lunch at the streets of Universal Studios then went back to our hotel for a nap before the ceremony that evening. I never realized how nice it is to be able to take a nap whenever you want until I had children! That evening we went to the award ceremony. It was very nice and was held at a sound stage at Universal Studios. The cocktail hour before and dessert hour after were outside underneath a roller coaster. It was a very nice evening and to make it even better, Dave won his category! He won the Next Generation Pharmacist for the Military section. He has worked very hard and it was nice to see him be recognized for his hard work. We had a great evening and enjoyed ourselves. 
 
 
 
On Friday morning we got up (semi) early and headed to the beach! We stopped for breakfast at Bob Evans on the way. We don't have them in Utah so as soon as I saw one, we had to stop. We picked Siesta Key since it was only 2 hours from Orlando and was rated the #1 beach in America. Don't get me wrong, the beach was beautiful and we had a great time but whoever ranked it #1 has never been to a beach in Hawaii! 
We had a super cute cottage that was the perfect location. It was right across the street from the beach and only a few minutes walk from the downtown area for dinners and shopping. The other cottage on the property was not rented while we were there so we had our own pool and hot tub which was great. As soon as we checked in Friday we headed to the beach to relax. It is amazing how much we just sat there! Before kids we would go to the beach for a little bit but then would go find something to do. This time we went to the beach, set up our chairs and umbrellas and just sat there reading and napping and enjoying watching all the families chase their kids around! The weather was really nice and we enjoyed most mornings at the beach followed by swimming at our pool then walked to the village for dinner. It was pretty great. 
Our first night at dinner. We had really good meals while we were there. This was also my last night in my 20s! 
29 weeks with baby girl.  
This is how I spent my 30th birthday followed by some amazing crab cakes for dinner. I can not complain. It was a very relaxing day and I loved being able to spend it with Dave.  
 
 
 
 
Our own pool where we spent a lot of time relaxing. 
We were lucky to be able to see Rupal while we were there. They are now stationed in Tampa and she drove down to hang out with us and have dinner. It was so good to see her and I wish we were still stationed together!  
We ended the trip with an amazing sunset on the beach. I can not believe I am 30 years old or that we have been married for 5-years or that we are having our 3rd baby in a short while! Time really does go fast and I am learning everyday to enjoy each day and each phase of life because before I know it we are on to the next one! I am so lucky to be married to Dave and love the fun we have together and the family we have created. It was a great vacation and I am glad we were able to go thanks to my amazing parents!! 
 
 
 
 
 

Marriage is good, life is good 


No comments:

Post a Comment