Thursday, July 23, 2015

Our Garden

Like I have said before this is our first year having a garden and I just love it. Hopefully we will be able to have a garden in our next house too! The kids absolutely love it and I love how we spend our evenings in the backyard looking at what has grown and picking our veggies! Dave is so excited because he finally has peppers growing! He spent a lot of money and time growing pepper seeds last year and nothing grew at all. This year he already has habaneros and jalapenos growing. The other day we found out we had our first cucumber and since then we have picked 3 more and have many many more growing! Quinn loves cucumbers and calls them "pickles." She was so happy to pick our cucumber and started eating it before we even got in the house. Leo took a bite but he wasn't too interested, he is more of a fruit guy and loves to pick our strawberries and then rinse them off with the hose and eat the whole strawberry-even the top before I can pick it off. 
 
 
 
 
Leo is also a fan of cupcakes. I love this picture. 
This past week my parents were here visiting and Quinn was excited to show them the garden. Grandma helped us pick some weeds and water the garden. Quinn wanted to pick a carrot because last week I accidentally picked one and she loved eating it. I went ahead and picked one for her even though I want to let them grow some more because she will be missing out on some of our veggies while we are in Ohio. She loved her carrot and ate the whole thing. I love how she will eat things out of our garden and it all tastes way better than anything we buy in the store. 
 
This is how we roll in our backyard, pants and fixing your hair are always optional. 
Gardens are good, life is good. 



No comments:

Post a Comment