Thursday, July 23, 2015

Crawfish Boil

This is my first blog with my new computer! It is going much faster and hopefully that will encourage me to blog more often. I have had the same computer since I graduated undergrad, 8 years ago!! It still works but when it comes to doing anything with pictures it takes forever. Dave has been wanting me to get a new computer for years but I refused since mine still worked. The other night I was trying to work on Quinn's photo album and it took over 45 minutes for me to upload 8 pictures onto the website to print them! I finally decided it was time to get a new one since all I do on my computer now is pictures and blogging. So I am the proud new owner of a MacBook Pro and it is much nicer than my 8-year old "crack book" as the guys at Apple call it. 
I am behind on many events this summer so I will go all the way back to May for this one. Our friends from Louisiana had a Crawfish Boil in May and it was the first time I have attended one of those. It was so much fun even though the weather did not want to cooperate and it rained the whole evening. The pictures are courtesy of our friend Peter. He got much better pictures than I got on my phone so I asked him if he would share with me. 
It was fun to watch how everything went down and then to get to eat it all! I didn't "suck the heads" of the fish because I am not a big seafood eater but everything else was so good and I am definitely a fan of crawfish boils even though I didn't actually eat crawfish. Dave enjoyed all the food and I can't even tell you how many crawfish he ate! It was a great evening with friends and I am look forward to next years boil. 
The bag of vegetables and sausage that are boiled and then some cajun seasoning of some kind is put into the water also. 
 
Todd and Millard preparing the food for everybody. 
 
 
After the vegetables were finished cooking they cooked the crawfish. I was not around for that because they put them in alive and that made me sad. When we first got there they were crawling out of the cooler and people were having to put them back in. 
 
 
The spread was amazing. Everybody just stood around the table and grabbed what they wanted and "sucked the heads down." They also had a lot of sides including rice and beans. It was all really good and fun to experience something new. 
 
Crawfish Boils are good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment