Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Rough Night

This picture has nothing to do with last night. I just found it while getting a picture of Leo and loved it. She makes the funniest faces. I just want to squish her little face!! 
Ok, on to last night.... it was bad, real bad. Finley must be growing because she is eating about every 1 1/2 hours which has me exhausted. Then Leo decided he is going to stop being a good sleeper. This week he learned how to open his door and it hasn't been the same since. He can now get out of his room and we have a battle every night to keep him in there. The bad part is that he is getting up before us and going downstairs. This is not very safe so we put up a baby gate last night and he DID NOT LIKE IT. He pretty much screamed for hours. After screaming and shaking the gate for a long time he finally fell asleep. Then of course, Finley decided to be up. I was up with one (or both) of them from 2:30-6:30. It was awful. In the meantime, Quinn is sleeping in our bed and punching me in the face for the little bit of time I did get to lay down. I was so frustrated and tired. Leo was screaming (and his scream is LOUD). I don't know how he was awake because he didn't really nap and he had ice skating. Anyway... I went into his room and was laying on the floor next to his mattress (because he wants nothing to do with a bed) and he was about to go to sleep. Then he looked over and then back to his bed. He had his two blankets (his UC blanket and his train blanket, he loves them) and handed me his train blanket since I did not have one. It was the sweetest thing and made me cry. I was having some not so great mom moments and was so frustrated. Then he handed me his favorite blanket because I did not have one and my heart melted. It was exactly what I needed at that moment. He is such a sweet boy with a tender heart and I hope he stays that way. This morning is continuing to be a struggle with everybody being exhausted but I am very thankful for my little man who loves me enough to share his train blanket! 
Leo is good, life is good 

No comments:

Post a Comment