Saturday, January 18, 2014

Q and L's new rooms

We had to do some re-arranging of rooms in our house to get ready for Leo. We have a formal dinning room on the first floor we never used that we turned into our office because Quinn took over what used to be the office upstairs. In order for that to happen we had to take apart our dinning room furniture and store it in the basement. Then the office needed to be moved downstairs and Quinn's new room needed to get put together. We left all of her nursery stuff in her old room which is now Leo's room. Quinn's new room was put together by painting a crib/toddler bed we bought from a friend and Dave's childhood dresser. It was a lot of work and I thought it would never get finished.... but it did! 
I am very happy with how everything turned out. The office is still a work in progress and needs to be organized but that isn't a priority right now. I love having the office downstairs because I feel like we are actually using that space now where before we never went into the formal dining room. I am also happy with how both the kids rooms turned out. Dave did a ton of work to get the rooms done, he is a trooper!!

Here are some pictures of Leo's room. I decided to go with an alligator theme. I didn't go all out and get a bedding set like I did with Quinn because I realized how much we didn't need one. I ended up taking her bumpers off the bed once she started sleeping in it so this time I didn't even bother with getting any.  I love how the navy blue looks with the nursery furniture. I am very happy with how it turned out. I am still trying to decide if I want to add something over his crib or not. 



And, no the foot rest does not match the chair. That was the ONLY thing that got lost in our move to Utah  ( I can't really complain about that I guess...) but when we went to reorder a new one, they no longer were making that color! So, we did the best we could. Thanks Air Force! 




Dave had to do a lot of furniture painting to get Quinn's room ready. I do not like how we can't really paint anything since we are renting. I think the rooms would be so much nicer if we could add some color to the walls. Quinn loves her new room and she is always in there playing. The first few nights after we switched she would walk into her old room and then would turn around and walk into her new room. We are having a little bit of trouble with her not wanting to stay in her bed but I knew when we switched that would probably happen. 





We are slowly getting everything ready for Leo and quickly running out of time. I need to organize his closet still but I know that isn't that important and it can wait. Our next project is to move Quinn's car seat and make room for Leo's. 

Change is good, life is good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment