Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Mocha Chocolate Ice Box Cake

So on my maternity leave I watch a lot of Food Network and HGTV. The other day on one of the shows they made a mocha chocolate ice box cake and it looked really good so I decided to try and make it. I was surprised at how easy and good it was. Here is a link if you want to see the recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/mocha-chocolate-icebox-cake-recipe/index.html

You need:
Chocolate Chip Cookies, vanilla, Kahlua, Mascarpone cheese, coco, instant espresso, sugar, heavy cream (I think that is all, double check the recipe link). Then you mix them all up in a Kitchen Aid mixer (minus the cookies) until it becomes whipped. Dave and I were amazed at how it becomes just like whipped cream!


Then in an 8 inch spring form pan you layer chocolate chip cookies and the whipped mixture until you get 5 layers of each.

 Last you cover it with plastic wrap and put it in the fridge over night.


This recipe will be getting added to our recipe book for sure!

And here are some new pictures of Quinn to leave you with:




Cooking shows are good... Life is good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment